MaceFremonti

After almost 2 years of driving the Pennsylvania Turnpike everyday I finally got to see the results of what happens when someone decides to come out of the Allegheny tunnel eastbound doing more than 55 miles an hour!

UPS4Life

It gets really fun when traffic is going both ways in it. Going west you pop up over that little hill and a hard right into the tunnel but watch you don't hang the trailer out to much.

MoarTape

This project just started in New Stanton. Should make for some good times. They'll be widening the turnpike between exits 57 and 67 sometime in the future as well.

browned_out

Well got some good news this week while being on vacation, HR called and offered me a spot for feeder. They want to train two drivers, from what I understand the two guys who they had picked DQ'd. I spent two days this week getting all my ducks in a row, physical, drug test and dmv tests outta the way. The Hr rep even had me fill out a new job applicaion over the internet????

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Well got some good news this week while being on vacation, HR called and offered me a spot for feeder. They want to train two drivers, from what I understand the two guys who they had picked DQ'd. I spent two days this week getting all my ducks in a row, physical, drug test and dmv tests outta the way. The Hr rep even had me fill out a new job applicaion over the internet????
Welcome to the country club.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
don't smoke that blunt tonight.

MoarTape

Must suck being high in seniority lol! If you're referring to the traffic there's a back way in that brings you the other direction I've never taken it though. Maybe moartape can assist us.

Instead of getting on 70 west after the toll booths, go the left towards Connellsville/Delmont. That'll dump you onto 119 north. You can just stay in that lane and take the second exit (PA turnpike 66 north). The first exit on 66 (signs will say last exit before toll road) is Arona road. Take that, make a right at the stop sign and it'll take through the light and across the bridge and to UPS.

If you make the left out of the gate, just go across the bridge and follow the signs for 66/119 south. This way is nice, because you'll take the exit for 70 west, but the exit splits to go either 70 west or to the turnpike. No need to actually deal with merging onto 70 then immediately getting onto the turnpike.

And as for the seniority stuff, we have guys with 9 years FT seniority that can't get a run. I'll probably retire on the extra board..lol. Our top 40 - 50 drivers could retire tomorrow if they wanted.