olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
just joking. if you want to lose a million dollar job, go ahead and light up, drink, party, do whatever you want.

i made well over a million dollars working here. new feeder drivers will make about 3 million dollars in their careers and thts not counting benefits.

i'll make another million dollars plus in pensions and social security.

so, ya, this is a million dollar job....duh.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hey guys had a question about in bounding and out bounding equipment...can someone explain in better detail exactly what this means and how do I properly take credit for it...I've heard drivers putting down handling a trailer when they only back up to it from a door.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The way it was explained to me it's whatever equipment you actually hook up to or break down. Really only comes into play when you're hooking up to a set that's already put together or dropping a set in the yard without breaking it down, in both those cases you're technically only supposed to take credit for handling 1 trailer instead of 2 trailers and a dolly.

QKRSTKR

Here we get extra credit for a set. So example, if u hook a set outbound equip. Would be 1 trailer, 1 dolly.

Big box or single pup would be 0 trailer and 0 dolly. You automatically get credit for your lead trailer.

If I'm breaking down a set on inbound it's one trailer, one dolly. Now if I don't have a pull through where I can drop my pup and have to hook back up to it then I take credit for 2 trailers, 1 dolly.

barnyard

KTM rider
That is way it is important to see how your boss wants it done.

Here, if I build a set, I put down, "1 and 1." Then only time I put down '2 and 1' is if I drop the rear box, but the front box on a door and then hook up to the rear box and also put it on a door and even then, my boss would prefer I still do '1 and 1' and put the other down as 'shift'.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This is the same dilemma as package. Corporate training in the DIAD says one thing, the center manager says something else.

Ask your boss how he wants it done.

Corporate says that you automatically get credit for the trailer you are hooked to.

Bring 1 in. 0 trailers 0 dollies.
Bring a set in. 1 trailer 1 dolly
Bring 1 in with a dolly. 0 trailers 1 dolly.

Bring in a set and have to drop and then respot the rear, whether on a door or specified spot number. 2 trailers 1 dolly.

Hook to 1 trailer. 0 trailers 0 dollies.
Hook to 1 trailer and grab a dolly. 0 trailers 1 dolly.
Build a set. 1 trailer 1 dolly.

Build a set but your back box is inaccessible and you have to move it in order to hook. 2 trailers 1 dolly.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This is the same dilemma as package. Corporate training in the DIAD says one thing, the center manager says something else.

Ask your boss how he wants it done.

Corporate says that you automatically get credit for the trailer you are hooked to.

Bring 1 in. 0 trailers 0 dollies.
Bring a set in. 1 trailer 1 dolly
Bring 1 in with a dolly. 0 trailers 1 dolly.

Bring in a set and have to drop and then respot the rear, whether on a door or specified spot number. 2 trailers 1 dolly.

Hook to 1 trailer. 0 trailers 0 dollies.
Hook to 1 trailer and grab a dolly. 0 trailers 1 dolly.
Build a set. 1 trailer 1 dolly.

Build a set but your back box is inaccessible and you have to move it in order to hook. 2 trailers 1 dolly.

I guess I forgot a few.

Bring in a set and break them down. 1 trailer 1 dolly.
Bring in a set and leave them together. 0 trailers 0 dollies.
Bring in a set and drop the rear and you will be taking the front and the dolly with you. 0 trailers 0 dollies.

Bring in a set and drop the back and the dolly and you will be taking the front with you. 0 trailers 1 dolly.

You get the picture.