Ask me anything about working for Fedex Ground

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by fezjones, Jul 27, 2012.

1. absolutemoron

absolutemoron New Member

I worked for a Fedex Ground hub for almost 5 years, as a package handler. I did almost every task in the building below working in a management or supervisor role. When I left I was making 14/hr, and getting scholarship money. I could have made 14.5/hr if I worked the overnight.
    Ask me anything about what its like to work for that company, conditions, benefits, management, training, rewards, work load, w/e.

2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Why did you leave.

3. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Can I work 4 days on 1 shift and maybe do a different shift on Thursday to accomodate my other job ? :)

4. absolutemoron

absolutemoron New Member

They terminated me after this witch saw me step on a belt that was used for unloading

5. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Ok anything sir?
    History, when did FDX Ground begin, and where?

6. absolutemoron

absolutemoron New Member

idk, but i know that fedex began as an overnight service that developed a ground network later on.

7. splozi

splozi Guest

For delivery truck loaders, does FedEx Ground have a required/expected packages per hour? If so, what is it?

8. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Do you like Fred Smith?

9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Why don't you organize so you can make a living and not get tossed out like trash when you make one mistake?

10. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Do your drivers leave pee bottles in the trucks for you package handlers to dispose of?

11. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

How do you know she was a witch?

12. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

What else did you do to get fired? And why would you jeopardize your safety by climbing on the belt? You didn't get fired just for that... Give the entire reason.

13. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Here's a question. Is your real "name" Dano?

14. absolutemoron

absolutemoron New Member

The hub i worked only had a few delivery trucks on door. Their delivery operation was very slow, so i imagine they just expected you to have the belt clean by the end of the night. The hub i worked delt with pups, the delivery trucks got very little flow.

15. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

What is the name of the dog on the side of the Home Delivery trucks?
    Mr. "Home Delivery" has been asking that for years.

16. absolutemoron

absolutemoron New Member

i had a history of abuses. i guess it was like that final episode of sienfeld where they were sent to jail for all the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: they pulled, not one incident in particular. but the company had been really cracking down on all minor rules infractments, and i got pegged. the company changed a lot over the 5 years i was there

17. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

don't go calling me a shill because I asked what else he did to get fired... ;)
    I've worked preload. No ones getting fired from that job just for climbing over the belt. There's got to be more to the story.

18. absolutemoron

absolutemoron New Member

she turned me into a 220px-Newt_Gingrich_by_Gage_Skidmore_6.jpg
    220px-Newt_Gingrich_by_Gage_Skidmore_6.jpg

19. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

BWAHAHA!

20. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

Thats nasty...Seen it and smelled it many times....