At your center, what belt do new preloaders start on? Any fun preload stories?

Teospal

On our belt there's the "training pull." You know the pull with the lightest trucks. I was on it for longer than most, not because I sucked, but because one of the drivers got pissed about having to deal with all the misloads new hires inevitably get. So they kept me on it for a few months longer till he retired; but gave me 4 cars instead of 3.

Anyway, with this peak season coming up, there's been a different new hire on that pull every week. There's the usual stuff, guys just walking out and some just not showing up after a couple days. There was this old guy that just crashed and burned his first couple days then never saw him again. Then there's the arrogant know-it-all new hire who thinks he's better than everyone because he was hired as a temp driver off the street (and loading in the meantime). Even heard him say others sucked because they were stacked out and he wasn't despite him being on probably the lightest pull on the belt, if not the building. We're hoping to see him crash and burn when he starts driving.

One time HR stupidly let too many people take vacation the same week and didn't account for the inevitable call outs. We were understaffed like hell that week. And with the call outs there was an entire belt that was half being loaded by sups. When I took a piss break I walked pass there to see how they were doing and the poor bastards were sinking like the titanic. It was peak season level of stack out. It got so bad they pulled some guys from unload to help and slowed down the flow.

On our belt there's the "training pull." You know the pull with the lightest trucks. I was on it for longer than most, not because I sucked, but because one of the drivers got :censored2: about having to deal with all the misloads new hires inevitably get. So they kept me on it for a few months longer till he retired; but gave me 4 cars instead of 3.

Anyway, with this peak season coming up, there's been a different new hire on that pull every week. There's the usual stuff, guys just walking out and some just not showing up after a couple days. There was this old guy that just crashed and burned his first couple days then never saw him again. Then there's the arrogant know-it-all new hire who thinks he's better than everyone because he was hired as a temp driver off the street (and loading in the meantime). Even heard him say others sucked because they were stacked out and he wasn't despite him being on probably the lightest pull on the belt, if not the building. We're hoping to see him crash and burn when he starts driving.

One time HR stupidly let too many people take vacation the same week and didn't account for the inevitable call outs. We were understaffed like hell that week. And with the call outs there was an entire belt that was half being loaded by sups. When I took a piss break I walked pass there to see how they were doing and the poor bastards were sinking like the titanic. It was peak season level of stack out. It got so bad they pulled some guys from unload to help and slowed down the flow.
Of course they would slow it down for themselves. Why wouldn't you file a grievance for all those sups doing union work? They knew it was a scheduled vacation(s) for most.

Teospal

Of course they would slow it down for themselves. Why wouldn't you file a grievance for all those sups doing union work? They knew it was a scheduled vacation(s) for most.

Well it was the call outs that put us under in the end. I assume if all who were supposed to showed up they wouldn't have to have sups loading. Either way, I was pretty new at the time and didn't know grievance process, much less the work contract. It was quite satisfying seeing the sups who constantly get on our asses get a taste of what we have to go through; even if they were previously loaders, it seems as though as soon as they put on that polo they forget what it's like. Whats funny is that to us, the flow and volume were as any other day. Our belt was relatively clean and the sups couldn't even handle a normal flow.