Atomic

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
Lol..you have absolutely no grasp on what I've said, very sad & confused. There is no discrepancy in what I've said.

RTW states union membership up .5%
Non-RTW state membership down 4.6%
That is an overall decline of union membership of roughly 4% or 4.1% to be exact. You are focusing on the overall decline but not wanting to acknowledge where that decline is taking place. I don't know if that is out of ignorance or denial.
What I am focusing on is the typical anti union spin that you are trying to put on your ever changing figures. Companies open new plants in RTW states to avoid union wages and benefits. They shut down plants in unionized states to open those plants. That is a "NET LOSS OF UNION JOBS". As I stated before, it is simple math. You can avoid the subject, you can lie about the subject, you can't change the facts of the subject. RTW DESTROYS UNION MEMBERSHIP.

standtall

Lol..you have absolutely no grasp on what I've said, very sad & confused. There is no discrepancy in what I've said.

RTW states union membership up .5%
Non-RTW state membership down 4.6%
That is an overall decline of union membership of roughly 4% or 4.1% to be exact. You are focusing on the overall decline but not wanting to acknowledge where that decline is taking place. I don't know if that is out of ignorance or denial.
We have always known where the decline is taking place. It is taking place in the areas where companies are shuting down there union plants to open scab plants in RTW states. You are blind to the facts! You are a pawn of large corporations. You are an unwitting soldier for the tea party.

Atomic_Smurf

What I am focusing on is the typical anti union spin that you are trying to put on your ever changing figures. Companies open new plants in RTW states to avoid union wages and benefits. They shut down plants in unionized states to open those plants. That is a "NET LOSS OF UNION JOBS". As I stated before, it is simple math. You can avoid the subject, you can lie about the subject, you can't change the facts of the subject. RTW DESTROYS UNION MEMBERSHIP.
We have always known where the decline is taking place. It is taking place in the areas where companies are shuting down there union plants to open scab plants in RTW states. You are blind to the facts! You are a pawn of large corporations. You are an unwitting soldier for the tea party.
I'm very conscious of my support of the tea party & very aware of your lack of understanding it. They are the only true ally working Americans have in our fight for our rights. If Hoffa & other union leaders would have listened to the Tea party's warnings about the ACA instead of calling them names we wouldn't have had to accept a health insurance downgrade for our families this contract.

Atomic_Smurf

Our seasonal hire group training days look like a soup kitchen line. Our union is just as eager to profit off of these poor people as the company is.

Last edited:

Ron Carey lives on

Have you and stopped and just thought smurf, why the urgency in RTW laws. If I was a legislator why would I wake in the morning and stop these unions. I mean these people are going to work, creating purchasing power, stimulating the economy, and for goodness sakes they want a voice on the job. We have to stop them. Put all legislative duties aside, we have to stop these hard working Americans doing the right thing

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

The urgency comes from the lobbying from big greedy business, to answer my own question. Wake up man, fox news has reeled you in like a big catfish. You bit on divide and conquer like a nightcrawler

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Wait a minute, are you telling me there is politics and corruption in labor organizations Smurf. Thanks Mr. Obvious, that makes feel much better about the CEO s Swiss bank acounts. These great American job creators moving to Mexico, and it certainly eases the fact that they cash in their stock/severance retirement to the Bahamas. Geez thanks Mr. Obvious

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

UNION DUES!!! WAIT JUST A DARN MINUTE HERE. MY COMPANY GIVES ME RAISES IN AUGUST BECAUSE THEY ARE MY FRIENDS? RIGHT? RIGHT? THIS IS CRAZY TALK

Sent using BrownCafe App

novadriver

Yooo....inquiring minds wanna know. Are you working or submitting applications to make Whoppers??
submitting apps for whoppers.... and broom pushing jobs.... i gotta 6 day suspension for all 3 feckups combined... gotta watch everything i do now bcuz im sure theyll be watching closely as well. go back to work tomorrow.

standtall

I'm very conscious of my support of the tea party & very aware of your lack of understanding it. They are the only true ally working Americans have in our fight for our rights. If Hoffa & other union leaders would have listened to the Tea party's warnings about the ACA instead of calling them names we wouldn't have had to accept a health insurance downgrade for our families this contract.
Try not to make the mistake of thinking that your tea party is some how a "New" movement. It's the same radical right wing, anti worker, anti labor group that has been in existence for decades. Funded by the Koch brothers and there like minded billionaire friends with a simple goal to create the largest oligarchy in history. They have simply put a shiny new name on the group to try and freshen up there message. They're still anti inion, anti worker. They prey on people like you, trying to convince you that unions are bad, evil. The company will take care of you. You earn your money through your hard work. You don't need to pay dues. The company has your best interest at heart. RTW DESTROYS UNION SHOPS.

standtall

Smurf, I'm going to give you a quick look at some language that a large company used for years to Intimidate there employees and misinform them in order to keep them divided on the subject of unions. In 1980, I was a semi-young man. I was hired as a dock worker for a company named Overnite Transportation. You might know them as UPS freight today. At the time, they were the largest non-union LTL freight company in the U.S. They were relentless in there attempts to stave off the constant efforts of Teamsters to organize them. When the Union would back off a little, the company would freeze wages and or cut benefits. When the union was pushing hard, the company would give "generous" raises and throw us improvements to our benefits. Our compensation was being directly effected by union contracts even though we were not a union shop. We were reaping the rewards of the union's work but not paying dues. We were freeloaders. All of labor reaps the rewards of union fought improvements, whether they are union or not. Overnite would hand us anti union propaganda multiple times each week as well as a standard anti union speech each Monday morning. The propaganda would say things like, "you work hard for your money, why give it to the Union in dues?" And, "the Union just wants your money, they can't get you more than we are giving you now". "They won't stand up for you, they only want part of your pay check". And by the way, at that time, Overnite paid a full 1/3 less than it's union counterparts and paid no overtime. And benefits, forget about it. Listen to those words from the frantically anti union management of the largest non union trucking company in the world. That is The exact language that your tea partiers spew out and that you repeat like a parrot. Over three decades later, the anti union speech has not changed a bit. I left that company for greener pastures 2 years later, or should I say browner pastures. Ironically, 32 years after I leave there, the companys no longer have to spout off there union hate speech because they have recruited shallow thinking "union men" to bad mouth them instead, under the guise of "our union officials aren't looking out for us". Same old sh#@, different decade and now from a union "brother" instead of management. They have you wrapped around there finger. You will be there "tool" to DIVIDE AND CONQUER this union.

Atomic_Smurf

Have you and stopped and just thought smurf, why the urgency in RTW laws. If I was a legislator why would I wake in the morning and stop these unions. I mean these people are going to work, creating purchasing power, stimulating the economy, and for goodness sakes they want a voice on the job. We have to stop them. Put all legislative duties aside, we have to stop these hard working Americans doing the right thing

Sent using BrownCafe App
RTW gives these very workers "a voice on the job". Forced union dues is no voice.

standtall

I quit my scab job for the wages and benefits that this job offers because of the
Union's influence through contract negotiations. You have stated before that you make your money one box at a time, insinuating that it's your hard work and your hard work alone that is responsible for your wages. I propose that you take that work ethic to FedEx or any one of our competitors and see how far it will take you as far as being compensated for your hard work. You'll get a slap on the back, told "great job" and they'll throw 25 more stops on you the next day. You might get the twenty five more stops with brown but at least your making $10 an hour more than you would be with our rivals (thanks to the Union you have so much disgust for).

standtall

RTW gives these very workers "a voice on the job". Forced union dues is no voice.
RTW gives workers a voice alright, that voice says "I have the right to freeload and not pay dues yet collect the same compensation as the dues paying members which inevitably will undermine the entire union structure (divided and conquer) to the point that the Union has no power to negotiate, therefore it becomes useless. RTW, giving corporations the voice to destroy unions all across this great nation.

Atomic_Smurf

Smurf, I'm going to give you a quick look at some language that a large company used for years to Intimidate there employees and misinform them in order to keep them divided on the subject of unions. In 1980, I was a semi-young man. I was hired as a dock worker for a company named Overnite Transportation. You might know them as UPS freight today. At the time, they were the largest non-union LTL freight company in the U.S. They were relentless in there attempts to stave off the constant efforts of Teamsters to organize them. When the Union would back off a little, the company would freeze wages and or cut benefits. When the union was pushing hard, the company would give "generous" raises and throw us improvements to our benefits. Our compensation was being directly effected by union contracts even though we were not a union shop. We were reaping the rewards of the union's work but not paying dues. We were freeloaders. All of labor reaps the rewards of union fought improvements, whether they are union or not. Overnite would hand us anti union propaganda multiple times each week as well as a standard anti union speech each Monday morning. The propaganda would say things like, "you work hard for your money, why give it to the Union in dues?" And, "the Union just wants your money, they can't get you more than we are giving you now". "They won't stand up for you, they only want part of your pay check". And by the way, at that time, Overnite paid a full 1/3 less than it's union counterparts and paid no overtime. And benefits, forget about it. Listen to those words from the frantically anti union management of the largest non union trucking company in the world. That is The exact language that your tea partiers spew out and that you repeat like a parrot. Over three decades later, the anti union speech has not changed a bit. I left that company for greener pastures 2 years later, or should I say browner pastures. Ironically, 32 years after I leave there, the companys no longer have to spout off there union hate speech because they have recruited shallow thinking "union men" to bad mouth them instead, under the guise of "our union officials aren't looking out for us". Same old sh#@, different decade and now from a union "brother" instead of management. They have you wrapped around there finger. You will be there "tool" to DIVIDE AND CONQUER this union.
That is a nice story but we are not disagreeing on the benefits and importance of collective bargaining. Our disagreement is about the effects of RTW. Fact is the expansion of RTW States forced the hand of negotiators to get new hires at UPS the first pay increase in 30+ years. The ACA on the other hand had quite a negative impact on the benefits we earn in this contract. Union members were told to support the ACA and rally against RTW but the results of both pieces of legislation have been quite the opposite of what many were made to believe. As more states become RTW you will see better representation of bottom rung union members in every contract in order to persuade them to join the union. That my friend is a good thing. At the same time you will continue to see our healthcare earnings diminish thanks to the Democrats hc "reform" "redistribution". You are fighting the wrong fight.

standtall

That is a nice story but we are not disagreeing on the benefits and importance of collective bargaining. Our disagreement is about the effects of RTW. Fact is the expansion of RTW States forced the hand of negotiators to get new hires at UPS the first pay increase in 30+ years. The ACA on the other hand had quite a negative impact on the benefits we earn in this contract. Union members were told to support the ACA and rally against RTW but the results of both pieces of legislation have been quite the opposite of what many were made to believe. As more states become RTW you will see better representation of bottom rung union members in every contract in order to persuade them to join the union. That my friend is a good thing. At the same time you will continue to see our healthcare earnings diminish thanks to the Democrats hc "reform" "redistribution". You are fighting the wrong fight.
What we disagree on is the proper way to clean up this union and make it more affective. You believe that holding back dues money will somehow force the union's hand and make them work harder. I know that holding back dues money opens the door for freeloaders, and every Tom Dick and Harry that feels he has ever been misrepresented or simply believes his hard work is why he gets paid so much. If you have any common sense at all you know that is true. I would never blindly follow a political parties view for the sake of the party. Although we apparently seek the same result (roughly) we are miles apart in how to get there. I've been watching RTW and other similar legislation at work my entire life. I don't have to get my information from a right or a left wing TV or radio program. I've watched company after company close there plants in union states only to reopen the exact same plants in a nonunion state. That is not "good" for union labor my man. That is good for the large corporations that push the RTW legislation. I am on the correct side of this issue. I know this from living it. You think you are correct because that is what you here from listening to right wing radio. Your talking points are counterintuitive to the actual results pertaining to the loss of union workers. Your always quick to throw out your figures about loss of union work nation wide. What you ALWAYS gloss over is the simple fact that the .5% growth in union jobs in RTW states came largely due to the fact that 4.6% of the Union jobs moved from the Union state to the RTW state to avoid union compensation.That is a 4.1% net loss in union work due to RTW legislation. That mister, is a simple fact. RTW has a negative net effect on union employment. Not that that would suprise anyone.

standtall

Oh , and you making a connection between RTW and the pay increase to the new hires on our most recent contract has as much validity as me saying that I couldn't make my flight to Arizona yesterday because they signed the declaration of independence in 1776. Try again.

standtall

I know how you can fix it all, get a tea partier to run for teamster general president!! I really crack myself up! And your saying that the tea party are workers only real allies would be exactly like me telling you that the gazelles' only real ally is the african lion.