Attention Teamsters in the central region.

barnyard

KTM rider
I would like to see all trucks without power steering or 3 point seat belts crushed. No more spending money on anything other than maintenance until the fleet has been purged of the rolling death wagons.

Better pay for part timers would be nice. I would guess that lower turnover would save the company some money.

I would like 17 I removed completely and terminatible offenses clearly defined. I would gladly give up my right to strike over 9.5 for this in a heartbeat. I would also like to see the pension increased as well as the contribution. Language about production harassment needs to be addressed. Ups documenting method violations and using it to take you to hearing and the eventual panel termination needs to stop also.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would like 17 I removed completely and terminatible offenses clearly defined. I ldwou gladly give up my right to strike over 9.5 for this in a heartbeat. I would also like to see the pension increased as well as the contribution. Language about production harassment needs to be addressed. Ups documenting method violations and using it to take you to hearing and the eventual panel termination needs to stop also.

Never give up the right to strike. Its the only thing that really gets the companies attention.

barnyard

KTM rider
I would also like to see the pension increased as well as the contribution.

Defined pension benefits are not sustainable. I would love to see language working towards a defined contribution. Hard to say if that would work better either though. Banks and investment firms are either going to steal it all from a few large pension funds or millions of small 401k accounts. Either way, working people, no working towards retirement, are screwed.

BCFan

They are idiots. One of them nearly ran me over in the parking lot last night. I was standing in the crosswalk which has a stop sign and he blew through the stop sign (in his own vehicle) at about 20-25 mph.

Maybe he was pitching you high and tight....just saying:fightings:BC

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Right now seasonal drivers get to run a training route the entire "season", forcing the bid driver to become essentially "cover driver" for months on end! I am not talking about a training route that is "trained" on by mutliple seasonals. 1 seasonal driver gets to work the same route day in and day out for the entire summer. How about language that protects the bid driver?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Right now seasonal drivers get to run a training route the entire "season", forcing the bid driver to become essentially "cover driver" for months on end! I am not talking about a training route that is "trained" on by mutliple seasonals. 1 seasonal driver gets to work the same route day in and day out for the entire summer. How about language that protects the bid driver?

You need to grieve that.

A trainee gets 30 days to qualify. It doesn't matter if they are vacation replacement or seasonal.

30 working days.... period.... then they are qualified to learn more routes. Don't put up with that crap.

-Bug-

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
1) Eliminate article 17i

2) Eliminate seasonal drivers other than between Thanksgiving and Christmas

3) Improved excesive overtime language. Either triple pay or the right to bring back stops to reduce overtime.

4) Pay raise in the pension, it has not increased in a long time!!

After that, make sure we don't go backwards on any benefits.

I passed out some forms to all my drivers asking for suggestions, I have gotten a couple back but not many. People better start getting involved in this process or stop complaining about what you end up with!!

beentheredonethat

1) Eliminate article 17i

2) Eliminate seasonal drivers other than between Thanksgiving and Christmas I see two large issues 1. It takes time to train a season, there isn't enough time to train seasonals for peak if we only have those 4-5 weeks to do it. Also, for the summer time seasonals. If we have no summer temps, then the only offset would be to reduce the 15% summer vacations.

3) Improved excesive overtime language. Either triple pay or the right to bring back stops to reduce overtime. No way will UPS have a contract with teamster making it OK to bring back stops. That would be bad for our customers. Think of what FDX would do with their marketing strategy if this occurred.

4) Pay raise in the pension, it has not increased in a long time!! If I'm not mistaken, UPS has increased it's contribution to the pension each year (at least up where I'm from). The fact that the union has mismanaged the pension fund (and\or stolen from it) is the reason your pension isn't increasing.

After that, make sure we don't go backwards on any benefits. The contract has always been in regard to Health care (and pension). UPS pays x dollars for healthcare and y dollars for pension (Granted it varies by supplement). That doesn't say how the teamsters administers it and what your copays are. Any company needs to have some knowledge of it's cost structure.
I passed out some forms to all my drivers asking for suggestions, I have gotten a couple back but not many. People better start getting involved in this process or stop complaining about what you end up with!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The fact that the union has mismanaged the pension fund (and\or stolen from it) is the reason your pension isn't increasing.

That is probably the dumbest, and most misinformed statement, I have ever read on this forum.

-Bug-

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
The simple answer to eliminating seasonals is to hire more permanent drivers, Then you don't have to train anyone for anything.

Your gonna have to explain to me how the Teamsters have mismanaged and stolen money from the pension fund.

The idea is to reduce the dispatch by hiring more drivers and putting more routes on the road. If thats done you won't have to worry about anyone bringing any stops back or the impact that would have. Thats the whole point, to MAKE UPS reduce the overtime!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Your gonna have to explain to me how the Teamsters have mismanaged and stolen money from the pension fund.

REALLY?!?!?!? There's a reason ups wants to run the pension fund theirselves they don't trust the union and I don't either. You do understand the money ups gives the union towards our pension doesn't just go to us it goes to all the teamsters including ones whose companies went belly Right? I love the benefits and wage the union gets me but if you can't see they are crooked as hell your blind.