Average Stops per day delivery and pickups

Dr.Brownz

All these guys wanting the high milage routes.. Much more dangerous if you ask me. Muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments get cold between stops. No thanks! I'll be banging out stops, keeping everything nice and warm

That is why you stop and stretch before every stop my man! Also you compensate by moving slower. Besides we have small sections out in the booneys that go quick, 10 stops in a trailer park then a 40 minute drive to the next area. You must be a masochist or something if you enjoy those heavy routes.

Brohn Bron

If you drive fast. Low miles, high stops. No pickups. That's what I like

With what you said here, you remind me of a buddy who torches his route with the least amount of miles possible, clocked out at 4pm everyday and leaves an hour of bonus on the table (even if you follow EDD it’s all legit and he’d still be off at the same time). But his whole deal is, just wants to be efficient. I grill him all the time about it. It’s def admirable.

Brohn Bron

You wouldn't get the pay benefits and vacation you would if it weren't for the union so shut your mouth. Clearly you believe you are such an exeptional employee that you dont need the union. That is why no one likes you. That attitude probably permeates all through your life whether you notice it or not

Again, more assumptions. For your information, I’m considered a pretty great employee. My supervisors call on me often. When they have a problem and need someone to bang it out, guess who they call? They call Brohn Bron. I’m pretty easy going with it too. I don’t give them a hard time either. It’s not a friendship either, it’s a working relationship. They give me money for bailing them out. Because I’m reliable. So we are cool. As for nobody liking me... so far it’s you, clock, vvv, probably Hawk, maybe some others. It does kind of hurt my feelings. I don’t care much for you guys either. The whole talking down to people crap is :censored2:ty to say the least.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Again, more assumptions. For your information, I’m considered a pretty great employee. My supervisors call on me often. When they have a problem and need someone to bang it out, guess who they call? They call Brohn Bron. I’m pretty easy going with it too. I don’t give them a hard time either. It’s not a friendship either, it’s a working relationship. They give me money for bailing them out. Because I’m reliable. So we are cool. As for nobody liking me... so far it’s you, clock, vvv, probably Hawk, maybe some others. It does kind of hurt my feelings. I don’t care much for you guys either. The whole talking down to people crap is :censored2:ty to say the least.
I’m not doubting your ability as a driver...but don’t you think for a second that management likes or respects you...any driver could go help and get the job done...the difference is some people screw back when management screws us...you will learn...believe me

Brohn Bron

I’m not doubting your ability as a driver...but don’t you think for a second that management likes or respects you...any driver could go help and get the job done...the difference is some people screw back when management screws us...you will learn...believe me

Agree and disagree. Management is like “what have you done for me lately” but has the memory of a goldfish. Not every driver can bang it out. When I say bang it out, I’m talking about going to another center as a borrowed driver, and being done by 5 in the blind with a full route. That’s a banger and I don’t think just anyone can do that. Completely agree about screwing back.

Learned in training. SO I do know what I'm talking about.

Stop being overly corrective, it makes you look like an ass especially because you are wrong here.

Just saying..
You are right about the lunch, and getting fired for working through it. But as you will find, in your bonus center, people are still doing it. Don't let mgmt. guilt you on production. Trying to compare you to someone who is working/driving during lunch.

brownIEman

And why didn't your buddies in management send drivers to bail you out? That's because they are not your friends. Trust us!

I guess management doesn't like him - here he is stuck on the road late at night and they didn't send any of the 6 drivers every operation keeps in reserve just waiting to see if anyone needs help. Yep did it cause they are not his friends not in any way because they might not have had anyone available. SMH.

Yes. It is required by Washington state law to take a lunch and your breaks after so many hours.
Not exactly what the law says. Ups wants a uniformed 30 min or 1 hour lunch. To eliminate the accusation by an employee that ups isn't proving a lunch period.

State law says no lunch is required if mutually agreed upon by both parties. (Company/employee). I believe that goes for your second lunch also.

Brohn Bron

I guess management doesn't like him - here he is stuck on the road late at night and they didn't send any of the 6 drivers every operation keeps in reserve just waiting to see if anyone needs help. Yep did it cause they are not his friends not in any way because they might not have had anyone available. SMH.

Someone did come and scoop me up. There were only four drivers left on the road. I was close to DOT threadshold so they stopped me from driving at 10:30. It was quite chill actually. Not a big deal. My buddy that I helped was really happy to see me and knew I’d be there for him.

brownIEman

Agree and disagree. Management is like “what have you done for me lately” but has the memory of a goldfish. Not every driver can bang it out. When I say bang it out, I’m talking about going to another center as a borrowed driver, and being done by 5 in the blind with a full route. That’s a banger and I don’t think just anyone can do that. Completely agree about screwing back.

At UPS what have you done for me lately is called "constructive dissatisfaction" always looking for more better. It's party of the culture.
As a former ORS I can tell you there was immense respect for guys that took pride in doing a good job and were willing to help where needed to service the customers.

Guys of the "go as slow as you can get away with we're paid by the hour" variety will always see this who come in to do a good job and not fight every minute as management suck ups.

They don't see the times management actually tries to screw you and you tell management to go friend themselves (but in a professional way).

W

What The Hawk?

Not exactly what the law says. Ups wants a uniformed 30 min or 1 hour lunch. To eliminate the accusation by an employee that ups isn't proving a lunch period.

State law says no lunch is required if mutually agreed upon by both parties. (Company/employee). I believe that goes for your second lunch also.
We were only asked to sign a waiver for a second lunch not a first. All drivers should take lunches. Whether they agree or not it is a safety issue and can make all the difference in their safety.

WorknLateHuh

We were only asked to sign a waiver for a second lunch not a first. All drivers should take lunches. Whether they agree or not it is a safety issue and can make all the difference in their safety.

It shouldn't be called your "Lunch" anymore. It should be your "Dinner" time. I mean, some centers leave the building around 10 this time of year and get out to their trace close to noon... it's ridiculous.