Average Stops per day delivery and pickups

Brohn Bron

I work at a fair days work pace like all drivers should. Unless you're in management, don't tell anyone to "speed up", rookie!
Excuse me, but you don't know me. Stop passing judgement. I posted my numbers and I have a specific reason for doing what I do. You want to work slow and suck the clock off like your name suggests, that's cool. That's your game. But don't tell me what to do.

W

What The Hawk?

speed up!
Clock Sucker isn't wrong though...don't skip your lunch. They even tell you that in training and there have been many lawsuits about this very subject. You can and will be fired for working off the clock. It may be okay in your 30 days but not after.

Brohn Bron

You ain't getting bonus with a helper
Clock Sucker isn't wrong though...don't skip your lunch. They even tell you that in training and there have been many lawsuits about this very subject. You can and will be fired for working off the clock. It may be okay in your 30 days but not after.

I don't know much about the lawsuits you are referring to. In my center, I've never been harassed about my judgement to take lunch or not. In fact, in training before qualifying, lunch was never a topic. During qualifications, my sup said that it was common to not take lunch in order to qualify (you need that hour to scratch). I like the idea of having a choice. If you want to sit out all day, by all means take your lunch. But I wont come help you unless I know can rack up that bonus + overtime pay.

35years

Gravy route
Industrial route years ago...
105 stops 430 pcs. 35 p/u, 600 pcs.

Lifetime rural drivers have no idea how hard the industrial routes are on your body.

Last edited:
W

What The Hawk?

I don't know much about the lawsuits you are referring to. In my center, I've never been harassed about my judgement to take lunch or not. In fact, in training before qualifying, lunch was never a topic. During qualifications, my sup said that it was common to not take lunch in order to qualify (you need that hour to scratch). I like the idea of having a choice. If you want to sit out all day, by all means take your lunch. But I wont come help you unless I know can rack up that bonus + overtime pay.
That's going to bite you in the ass..but your call. It's actually safer to take the lunch. Take a breather, recuperate, lay back for half an hour.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Sounds like something right out of the self centered, unsafe, runner gunner handbook. I don't you having a long career with Ups.

Brohn Bron

Sounds like something right out of the self centered, unsafe, runner gunner handbook. I don't you having a long career with Ups.

you sound like a prick. I know a couple guys just like you at my center. I help them all the time and take their moneys. slugs.

and BTW, there has never been any running, ever.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
you sound like a prick. I know a couple guys just like you at my center. I help them all the time and take their moneys. slugs.

and BTW, there has never been any running, ever.
If you didn’t skip your lunch then you wouldn’t always have to help...I was 5.7 hours over allowed yesterday...when I’m on my route I’ll run scratch or close to it though..my route is about 140 stops..300-350 pieces..25 pickups about 120 pieces..35 miles

35years

Gravy route
Just so you are aware...
You wont have a choice but to help the other driver if you keep running. Not your choice.
Your time allowance will be trimmed if you keep running. Lets just say the allowance is "fluid".
You can be terminated if you enter lunch and don't take it...A driver posted being fired for just that in the last month.
Eventually your back or knees or shoulders will give out if you keep running. We had a runner last 15 years then "poof" he was gone.

Dr.Brownz

Just so you are aware...
You wont have a choice but to help the other driver if you keep running. Not your choice.
Your time allowance will be trimmed if you keep running. Lets just say the allowance is "fluid".
You can be terminated if you enter lunch and don't take it...A driver posted being fired for just that in the last month.
Eventually your back or knees or shoulders will give out if you keep running. We had a runner last 15 years then "poof" he was gone.

There are a handful of runner dummies in my center and today I over heard them all talking about the knee injuries they all have....and they fail to see the connection.

Brohn Bron

Just so you are aware...

No running at all, 35years. Have not ran ever. Three points of contact... handrail, firm footing all the way.
Just good ol area knowledge, organization, and a fast pace.
Also, I don't mind helping. I get paid well for it, Ill get paid for 11 hours of work and only put in 9.
Sometimes I don't want to help others and if I need to get out early... I let my sups know and they don't ask me to help. We have a great relationship that way. I call in to help others multiple days a week. I've helped new guys become more efficient drivers this way. They need help all the time early on.

Last edited: