Been fired ! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ups_ER

Dont get me wrong Klein:

I can imagine how long and painful this process must seem for you. But all this paperwork takes time. You cannot blame UPS for prioritizing other important operational matters. You say Federal Law, but you live in Canada? You mean Canada's Federal Law, or...? I am at a loss here..

I do understand how you feel, but my posts were based on your actions. (Beer while on the clock and photocopying the receipt)

Now if you want to talk feelings:

It must suck being treated like this, you have always been on time, always took care of your work. You feel like you do not deserve to be treated like that. I understand those feelings, and would have the same ones.

It also sucks that management was seemingly 'out to get you' by interviewing the bar. Is that even legal? I believe if you were on the clock, then yes, otherwise no.

So, these are two different opinions of mine.

Factually, you messed up, big time.THATS why I could not understand why you were trying to plead your case.

Emotionally, I just do not care, I have my own problems to take care of, that is why I have NOT tried to connect with you on an emotional level.

klein

Für Meno :)
Thanks UPS er ! Yes, your right, didn't once come in late, and only missed 1 single day for sickness in 15 mths.
Did my best to do all my delieveries and pick-ups.
Worked long hrs. (left home at 7am, got home sometimes at 9pm) but around 8pm normally.
And you get that feeling, your needed. Feels good. Feels good to come home every night, knowing you had another successful days work done.
No accidents, no friend ups, etc.
The day of my incident was a Friday..Friday at 7:30pm, had that darn beer, for another hard work week.
But, that turned into misery.

And trust me Unemplyemnt in Canada is not what you think it is. You can't really survive on it. I'm sure people will back me up on that one. It's tough, esspecially with those that have mortgages or high rents to pay. It's not enough to get by.
Long hard working people, (yes, like myself, too), would be much better off, if those funds could go into a savings account every paycheck. But, thats not how it works.

And yes, I can blame UPS for not getting my paperwork done. It's the LAW ! 5 business days.! Not 55 !
They set me back big time. It's not like it used to be, a job at every corner.
And in Summer with students taking jobs.
So, yes Employment Insurance until I find something suitable.... normally, after 4 weeks, I would have gotten my first check... now it's gonna be 12 weeks ! Because UPS made me wait, wait, and wait... and breaking the law doing that too.
I'm still not sure if I should take them to small claims court... but I just don't want this to happen to somebody else, someone less fortunate then me, who doesn't have savings for 3 mths to get by.
Others would be at the foodbanks doorstep by now, if not welfare , too.
I had to cash out some mutual funds myself... lost $600 doing so (stockmarket downfall). I wouldn't have had to, if only UPS treated me normally, and gave me my check and papers in time.

But thanks UPSer... we just fell off the wrong foot, and that happens at times. I opoligize , too. :)

klein

Wow! I can't believe I read all 142 post on this thread, I need to get a life!

Just proves you don't go out and party, too. Unlike others think on this
page..about me.
I'm not a bar-goer at all. Holy crap, they have gotten way out of hand... knives, guns, etc.
Too old for that, anyways.

But, thanks for reading !

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Just proves you don't go out and party, too. Unlike others think on this
page..about me.
I'm not a bar-goer at all. Holy crap, they have gotten way out of hand... knives, guns, etc.
Too old for that, anyways.

But, thanks for reading !

Actually it doesn't prove anything at all!:surprised:

Ups_ER

Klein, Im sorry we got of the wrong foot here. believe me, I'm pretty chill.

I'm actually from Berlin, Germany, and friends I have collect unemployment, but its not even close to being $1400/month.
Anyways, all I can say is that the more I think about it, the worse I feel about your situation. That one beer was not worth your job.
But knowing how things work at UPS, I'm not surprised at all, how management acted, is acting, and will act.

I just hope I never get the boot. :)

klein

Hey UPser, I have been to Berlin, when was that 1987. before the wall came down.
Went there to watch the DFB Pokal (Stuttgart playing Herta, I think).
Ich bin von Stuttgart, und spreche Deutsch.
So, you know, we're hard workers ! Germany was easier work, but long lasting. I wouldn't have gotten fired for that in Germany. I think my boss would have joined me for my "lunch".
Unemployment pays 55% here... but then thats gross. And ofcourse all your benifits are gone. I'm diabetic... so needles and insulin, that does cost money. (no, it's not free here, not medication).
And the maximum is $440 a week, but I won't even get that.

Alles gute Berliner ! I do like Berliners (the dougnuts)... you know what I mean. :)

Ups_ER

Hey UPser, I have been to Berlin, when was that 1987. before the wall came down.
So, you know, we're hard workers ! Germany was easier work, but long lasting. I wouldn't have gotten fired for that in Germany. I think my boss would have joined me for my "lunch".
Unemployment pays 55% here... but then thats gross. And ofcourse all your benifits are gone. I'm diabetic... so needles and insulin, that does cost money. (no, it's not free here, not medication).

Alles gute Berliner ! I do like Berliners (the dougnuts)... you know what I mean. :)

NO WAY!? Hertha is my team!! H-O-E HERTHA BSC (chant)
Yeh, we Germans take life a little more relaxed, in that aspect. I love Berliners too. The Doughnuts that is.
And, to clarify: I work in Preload, but do not load packages. I spa (scan) packages. Sometimes, I work in Small Sort (scanning the small packages), sometimes I am charging (me likey), but all my work has involved scanning.

I am told, we are seperate from the HUB. The only time I have loaded a truck was July 3rd, as there were many packages that could not be delivered July4th. There were no fans anywhere, and I almost passed out several times. Here in JAX it does get hot.

Well, anyways, wish you a good night, and hope everything works out.

jennie

this is my first post, and I all I have to say is that you are one STUPID person.

First off, you get caught drinking a beer on the clock, and somehow try to receive sympathy from us? LOL. CMON.

Then you talk about collecting $700/week unemployment pay, and your vacation to Florida (which I'm not even gonna get into how dumb it was to buy one, considering as you stated, you can only use it in December, and you said you've been working at UPS for like 10 years?)

What kinda person would collect $700/week unemployment, and say that is not a lot of money?

But again, I just wanted to say that YOU DRANK ON THE CLOCK, YOUR FAULT, VERY DUMB.

I disrespect you based on your posts, words, and actions. You are a horrible example of an UPS worker, and I am sorry to have read this post, as I am new to UPS and like it ALOT.

And you photo copied the 'fake' receipts? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL . You are a liar, and liars are not wanted by UPS.

OH LORD! He is not looking for sympathy, from this bunch, I doubt it, (thank god I am not a guy) anyway, he knows he drank on the clock, whether he has a problem or not, none of my business! KLEIN remember never post anything true or your a troll, this is to big and worth to much to his being to be false drivers.

Aren't we all supposed to be a team, this is why I try not to tell the truth to much on this blog. GOOD LUCK again, and yes have grown up with way to many people in family that drink and at least he is telling the truth.

DO you know how many people that I know at UPS who lie? This is way to much for me, lol:anxious:

Ups_ER

OH LORD! He is not looking for sympathy, from this bunch, I doubt it, (thank god I am not a guy) anyway, he knows he drank on the clock, whether he has a problem or not, none of my business! KLEIN remember never post anything true or your a troll, this is to big and worth to much to his being to be false drivers.

Aren't we all supposed to be a team, this is why I try not to tell the truth to much on this blog. GOOD LUCK again, and yes have grown up with way to many people in family that drink and at least he is telling the truth.

DO you know how many people that I know at UPS who lie? This is way to much for me, lol:anxious:

Quote:
Originally Posted by klein

NO WAY!? Hertha is my team!! H-O-E HERTHA BSC (chant)
Yeh, we Germans take life a little more relaxed, in that aspect. I love Berliners too. The Doughnuts that is.
And, to clarify: I work in Preload, but do not load packages. I spa (scan) packages. Sometimes, I work in Small Sort (scanning the small packages), sometimes I am charging (me likey), but all my work has involved scanning.

I am told, we are seperate from the HUB. The only time I have loaded a truck was July 3rd, as there were many packages that could not be delivered July4th. There were no fans anywhere, and I almost passed out several times. Here in JAX it does get hot.

Well, anyways, wish you a good night, and hope everything works out.

jennie

I read it again, but the paragraphs looked like the same, sorry for that. I think I am just done commenting on this. Good read though. Have a great day:peaceful:

Ups_ER

OK, were you supposed to write something? Or am I to reply to that quote?

No, it was to show that me & the original poster were done arguing. We progressed from trolling at each other, to become 'friends'. It was to show, that I'm so tired of this post, that I do not even wanna type. LOL:knockedout:

I've gots to get some sleep, work tonight:) Sunday I get the most hours!!

Good night and Have a Good Day! :ninja3:

Status
Not open for further replies.