Bid back to package from feeder?

Feeeeder1

Ok Call me crazy but here's the deal. Full time Package car driver for about 4 years. Got the opportunity to go to feeder. Went to feeder school, productive week and right into a bid run. No coverage board. I've been on it for about 20 working days. The more I do it the more I'm really not fond of it. Don't know if its the nights or just being away from the family. Compared to packages the work is a total different league. Very easy! So now down to the question. Im in the southern agreement. Since I'm still in my 30 days qualification period can I disqualify myself and go back to my package car bid or would I have to quit to go back??

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
if you are in the WEST... you are locked in CEMENT.

First , tell me if you are in the west. Otherwise, you will have to refer to your local package rider and feeder rules to see if there is an agreement between the company and your local.

TOS.

Some have used the excuse of "not comfortable in the equipment/ I feel unsafe and a danger to myself and others/I'm a big wussy" to dq themselves and go back.

jaker

trolling
You went feeder after 4 years that is great , if I have the chance to go feeder now after 10 years ( still got another 5 to be even asked ) I would never look back and you have that chance after 4

Think about it you have 26 years until you can get a full pension and you are able to spend that whole time in feeder and make feeder money

I don't know what to say good luck hope you make the right choice

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
Our buildings on a big feeder hiring spree, 20 to be exact. I'm number 30 in the bid list and 3 have came back from feeder school in my center as its "just not for them". I can't wait actually been going over cdl and talking to everyone I can about pros and cons. Got 21+ years left feeders sounds great to my back!

Sent using BrownCafe App

jaker

trolling
Our buildings on a big feeder hiring spree, 20 to be exact. I'm number 30 in the bid list and 3 have came back from feeder school in my center as its "just not for them". I can't wait actually been going over cdl and talking to everyone I can about pros and cons. Got 21+ years left feeders sounds great to my back!

Sent using BrownCafe App
And this guy has the chance to go after 4 years , I would be gone and never look back

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our mall driver, who has 26-27 years in, made the switch. Last I heard was he was doing fine but the novelty has worn off.

I have zero desire to make the move.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

Ok Call me crazy but here's the deal. Full time Package car driver for about 4 years. Got the opportunity to go to feeder. Went to feeder school, productive week and right into a bid run. No coverage board. I've been on it for about 20 working days. The more I do it the more I'm really not fond of it. Don't know if its the nights or just being away from the family. Compared to packages the work is a total different league. Very easy! So now down to the question. Im in the southern agreement. Since I'm still in my 30 days qualification period can I disqualify myself and go back to my package car bid or would I have to quit to go back??

I would make my 30 days than bid back to package when a spot opens so that your name is on the feeder list if you ever want to bid back to feeders in my area driver that are feeder qualified have first choice on a feeder bids over non feeder qualified driver regardless if the non feeder qualified driver has more seniority....

If you DQ yourself you might be shooting yourself in the foot if things change at a later date and your what to go back to feeders.

As always I would ask someone in your area that has knowledge of the rules and procedures in your area on what you are asking (another feeder driver, your steward, HR) at last resort your SUP....

QKRSTKR

If you already trained and qualified and moved into a permanent position I think your stuck. There is no 30 day qualify for the job period. You already qualified. That's how it is in the central. I want to say its a 3 years commitment here.

I hear it not being for you but why did you wait so long. The time to dq is in the 2 week period and before you get your cdl. UPS spent $$$ to train you. Now you just want to go back?

QKRSTKR

Some have used the excuse of "not comfortable in the equipment/ I feel unsafe and a danger to myself and others/I'm a big wussy" to dq themselves and go back.
We had a guy do this after being trained and qualified. The company immediately took him out of service . He lost I think a couple months. I don't know if they actually discharged him, but they wouldn't let him behind the wheel of even a tug. Don't know exactly what happened in the hearing, but he is working and is in that feeder seat, no going back.

QKRSTKR

Don't you have to make 30 days to make seniority like getting your packet in package?
No, not making the switch from package to feeder. I'd be careful and find out for sure before opening your mouth to the company. If you have a knowledgable steward in feeders, I'd find their #.

In central, once you train and are qualified your on the list. Once you move to a permanent feeder position, your locked in for some time. If you were the bottom trained guy on the list and everyone above you passed on a feeder opening, you would be forced into it. So if your qualified and the company needs you your screwed.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
My first 6 months in package car I dreaded going to work, the other 8 years no (mental) sweat. I'd imagine there would be an adjustment period for Feedahs' too!

Sent using BrownCafe App