Black Friday

undies

We have to work both the day before and after unless already scheduled for the day off.

OTS posted a letter from corporate stating that UPS will not pay holiday pay to anyone who "bangs in" on Black Friday, regardless of whether they worked on Wednesday or not.

This doesn't seem fair.

oldngray

nowhere special
Life isnt fair.png

Oak

We have to work both the day before and after unless already scheduled for the day off.

OTS posted a letter from corporate stating that UPS will not pay holiday pay to anyone who "bangs in" on Black Friday, regardless of whether they worked on Wednesday or not.
Might be a regional thing. Southern Supplement states:

"One of the qualifications is that seniority employees must complete the regularly scheduled work day which immediately precedes or follows the Holiday, except in cases of proven illness, or unless the absence is mutually agreed to."

Again, supplements may differ.

UPS4Life

Sorry superball but I have to agree with upstate, I'm convinced regardless how this peak season goes we won't see Black Friday a holiday anymore. What day will they take next?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Might be a regional thing. Southern Supplement states:

"One of the qualifications is that seniority employees must complete the regularly scheduled work day which immediately precedes or follows the Holiday, except in cases of proven illness, or unless the absence is mutually agreed to."

Again, supplements may differ.
Same with the Central. Either the workday before or the workday after, except in cases of proven illness, or unless the absence is mutually agreed to.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

Geez. They couldn't do that here.

upsm

Well my boss hates paying OT and we are short mechanics going into peak. I'm gonna bang em for OT all week and friday! [emoji385] [emoji385] [emoji385] [emoji385] [emoji385] [emoji385]