Black Friday

oldngray

nowhere special
In most centers the management (center manager for sure) will leave early and only OMS will be left to handle situations. At most 1 unlucky on car sup will be stuck there.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
No but if they are decent we all will have an easy day and get home early. If they are vindictive cusses they will cut and slash routes out of spite and it will set a new benchmark in stupidity.

...If they are number crunchers they will cut loads and send everybody out heavy. If they are decent then it will be all hands on deck and we will all have a light day. All I can say is if there is one person with less seniority sent home instead of me, I may file my first grievance.

If this is done, you can bet your ass I will be filing a grievance if a junior driver gets to stay home.

jaker

trolling
Come on guys how long have you been at ups , you know they are going to cut a bunch of business routes and run the resi routes maxed out with a helper

Why would they care they will be at home with their families

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
We will be working Black Friday for the rest of our careers.

My personal view for the next contract, I'd like the union to move that working holiday over to MLK day in January.

UPS4Life

If this is done, you can bet your ass I will be filing a grievance if a junior driver gets to stay home.
I'm Sunday-Thursday and they don't know how I'm working yet because Friday is running as a "scheduled day" rather than extra. So you better believe if a jr guy even on the on call board goes out I'll be filing because he has every right to work Sunday also.

Sent using BrownCafe App

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm Sunday-Thursday and they don't know how I'm working yet because Friday is running as a "scheduled day" rather than extra. So you better believe if a jr guy even on the on call board goes out I'll be filing because he has every right to work Sunday also.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Think about this, you're a Sunday-Thursday. You don't work on a normal Friday, so why should this now "normal" Friday be any different

STFXG

Black Friday is an easy delivery day. As long as you get the closures off that you know are closed so you don't have to fight them all day. Cruise around and knock off some resi's to make Monday a bit easier. Nothing to it!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2014-11-14-10-37-03--34836298.jpeg
Yeah....not so much...lol

Notcool

Not to hijack this pointless thread ;) but I've never worked black friday in my 8 years. I've been hearing about double time. Been told I have to work. Will we receive double time pay?

OPTION3

Pick up the phone......Dial the seven digits ....eat leftover turkey and watch football the rest of the day. Normal operating day? We have call-ins on normal operating days no?