Blizzard warning issued

pretender

I had a few white knuckle moments, but I drive a twin axle tractor, so traction wasn't a problem for me. Until I realized my ice scraper could could free up my driver side wiper, combined with blowing snow on the top of a few hills, there was a few brief moments where I just couldn't see in front of my headlights. Like I said, in the dark was the worst. Luckily, I-35 is almost a straight highway. I know to stop if it isn't safe, which I did quite a bit. It was one of the reasons I ran out of hours. But when you're moving, feeling ok, then the wipers freeze up, you briefly can't see the road and there is no place to pull over, well you just do what you can do until you can get off the road.

Sometimes you are better off not to use the defroster--it warms up the windshield just enough to ice up the wipers.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Delivered in blizzard conditions last Thursday. Got off 38 stops, EC'd 85 and missed last four pickups. Was raining outside my center while 30 miles north I got 14 inches of blowing snow. Called management about 4pm requesting to shut r down for the day, and was told to keep plugging away. Two stops and 1 1/2 hours later was told to bring it in. Most of the drivers in my area EC'd the bulk of their routes and Friday we were swamped.
Had my on car out delivering Friday because of the heavy volume and received a message around 8pm asking if I was interested in helping him because he had 120 stops left. Respectfully declined the extra work and just told him to keep plugging away! Pay back was sweet.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
There's no way I'd drive in blizzard conditions with an empty trailer...
took an empty from Boston to Bradley AP CT .. 2 hr trip(normal day ) during a Blizzard 2yrs ago...6 hrs to get there for a plane wich never showed up then 5 hrs back to Boston,,i was the only guy on the road comming back.
i know what you mean about the dark and the winshield freezing up,,gives you the Zhits don't it !!