BLM vs Bundy

bbsam

Staff member
Half of my block is African American, as is next door neighbor who I consider to be the best neighbor I have. I don't have a problem with this. So why do you have such a problem with whites? Some whites enslaved blacks over 150 years ago, but it was a small percentage of whites who were slave owners. Is it supposed to be the fault of modern day whites regarding something that a few whites in the past did? I don't think anyone would agree that owning another person is right. Get real. It is ridiculous to blame an entire race for the actions of a few. It isn't race that herded people of color, it was the people with money exerting influence to keep black and white fighting against one another, in order to preserve their wealth and control. Divide and conquer. Your bias and anger are directed at the wrong groups. Go after the people who are pulling the strings behind the scenes. Otherwise you are a patsy falling into their trap.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
I think the point is that some whites today look at 150 years ago as the good old days and have recently tried to spin those days as "good" for the African American family. That's friend'd up.

Nimnim

The Nim
ROOTS was a movie bro, history is a record.

Learn the difference.

TOS.

Roots wasn't a movie. It was a mini-series. Learn the difference bro.

Regardless of it being a movie or miniseries at least when I was in high school a little over a decade ago there were teachers that showed parts of it as history and not as even a semi historical retreatment. So even if it was 100% fiction, we've got kids in at least the recent past being told in public schools that's how it was in a historical context.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just in case no one realizes that time has passed and no one commenting on slavery was ever a slave or an owner, themselves..

oldngray

nowhere special
True. The thread was getting off topic which is BLM vs Bundy. Bundy may be a racist but that has no bearing over his dispute with BLM which is about a government land grab attempt and his dispute over that.

MAKAVELI

True. The thread was getting off topic which is BLM vs Bundy. Bundy may be a racist but that has no bearing over his dispute with BLM which is about a government land grab attempt and his dispute over that.
How can it be a land grab when the land is not Bundy's to begin with?

oldngray

nowhere special
How can it be a land grab when the land is not Bundy's to begin with?
Harry Reid using regulations to bankrupt Bundy so his family can use it for profit to outside investors. He had grazing rights on BLM land but in addition he owned his ranch outright. He is the last rancher left near Las Vegas. All the rest were forced out.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I honestly think that all Mr. Bundy was trying to say was that paying people so that they don't have to work, is wrong. He just said it very, very poorly.

bbsam

Staff member
I honestly think that all Mr. Bundy was trying to say was that paying people so that they don't have to work, is wrong. He just said it very, very poorly.
Then why didn't he make the point about farm subsidies and corporate welfare, things he should know a lot more about?

moreluck

golden ticket member
They let go of Al Sharpton, Charlie Rangel..........they let go all the time.........certain people are given passes all the time.

bbsam

Staff member
Because he is an old man. Set in his ways. Not the first or only old guy to be like this.
Because he is an old guy who sees the fraud and waste in athers but can't see it in the mirror. You are correct that he is not the first or only, but he should be able to see that he's been living off the government to a far greater degree than any "welfare queen".

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
No. If someone refuses for whatever reason not to pay taxes for decades and the government finally audits them and finds hundreds of thousands of dollars haven't been paid, do the let it go? Of course not. This isn't any different.
What he supposibly owed was not taxes. That's why it was the BLM's armed army out there and not the IRS.