Boardman police investigating threat at UPS

10 point

It is my understanding she was terminated, in lieu of charges being filed.
You heard that she resigned? If it was a one time statement made from being harassed by supervision that day it's too bad they had to make her the example because it made the news.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You heard that she resigned? If it was a one time statement made from being harassed by supervision that day it's too bad they had to make her the example because it made the news.

We had a 22.3 and preloader get in to a heated argument on the belt to the point where it is rumored the 22.3 used an offensive racial term toward the minority preloader.

This was almost 3 weeks ago----both are still out of service.

10 point

We had a 22.3 and preloader get in to a heated argument on the belt to the point where it is rumored the 22.3 used an offensive racial term toward the minority preloader.

This was almost 3 weeks ago----both are still out of service.
Can you spell double standard?
I can give an example of a threat similar to this posted issue and at least one violent threat by a supe to take a driver "out back" and beat on him... in front of the center manager. The last supe in this post was simply sent home...for A day.
Two faced, double standards.
Someone should sue. There's money just waiting to be taken home.

10 point

The 22.3 has been somewhat of a problem child but there is no way that she said what she has been rumored to say.
And "the union shall make itself available within ten days" for a local level hearing is great language?
Three weeks and no hearing. Double standard.

box_beeyotch

This is why you ignore it while your in browns. Eventually you will be off the clock and nine times out of ten they won't see the consequences coming.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Can you spell double standard?
I can give an example of a threat similar to this posted issue and at least one violent threat by a supe to take a driver "out back" and beat on him... in front of the center manager. The last supe in this post was simply sent home...for A day.
Two faced, double standards.
Someone should sue. There's money just waiting to be taken home.
Send me your email, since you do not take messages

10 point

I will just keep hoping she gets her job back. I dont think anyone knows all the facts.
I doubt if everyone or anyone knew totally what happened in Birmingham either.
When management and hourly utter a threat that is similar but only one side of the altercation is continuously disciplined swiftly and more harshly it pulls the veil back on why many hourly feel constantly violated and without meaningful recourse.