Bomb at Boston Marathon???

moreluck

golden ticket member
PlantB20150516_low.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Many of his victims would have liked him to receive life in prison .
Instead of him disappearing into the prison system never to be heard from until they announce his death , now they have to be repeatedly reminded of him with ever appeal and court appearance his lawyers ( which the taxpayers pay for ) will request .

Atomic_Smurf

I wouldn't be surprised if B. Hussein pardoned him as he leaves office so that Tsarnaev can go back to his Rolling Stone cover model gig, or become a college professor in Chicago.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm all for the death penalty. The big problem I have with him getting the death penalty though is that Muslims worldwide will look at him as a martyr when he IS executed, and consider it a victory for Islam. I would rather he spend the rest of his long, miserable life in prison scared to death.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm all for the death penalty. The big problem I have with him getting the death penalty though is that Muslims worldwide will look at him as a martyr when he IS executed, and consider it a victory for Islam. I would rather he spend the rest of his long, miserable life in prison scared to death.
By the time he's actually executed, many of those muslims worldwide will be dead. He will probably spend a long miserable time in prison before there's an execution. No bars between cells, just walls. 1 hour out of his hole a day. He may have a TV, but the jail decides what you will watch....maybe Porky Pig Cartoons or Green Acres with Arnold. Maybe breakfast can be bacon, lunch a ham sandwich and supper can be pork chops!!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Life in prison would have been better. The death penalty gives him years of appeals to remind the families of the victims each time his name comes up and is sad for them, not him. With life in prison there would be no appeals and he would not have met his preferred outcome with the virgins and all. Giving him life in prison is a better hell for him in my opinion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Life in prison would have been better. The death penalty gives him years of appeals to remind the families of the victims each time his name comes up and is sad for them, not him. With life in prison there would be no appeals and he would not have met his preferred outcome with the virgins and all. Giving him life in prison is a better hell for him in my opinion.

Let's assume it costs $100 per day to house an inmate in Massachusetts. Let's further assume that he is 20 (makes the math easier) and that he will live to 80. $100 per day works out to $36,500 per year and $2.19M for the 60 years he would spend behind bars.

Putting him to death would save the taxpayers a lot of money.

No one cares what he wants.

wkmac

Let's assume it costs $100 per day to house an inmate in Massachusetts. Let's further assume that he is 20 (makes the math easier) and that he will live to 80. $100 per day works out to $36,500 per year and $2.19M for the 60 years he would spend behind bars.

Putting him to death would save the taxpayers a lot of money.

No one cares what he wants.

Now compare your numbers with the findings of this study for some more food for thought.

Death Penalty Costs

Not a problem. Now why don't you cover the amount others might have to pay in taxes just so your ego will feel good?

What if with every execution came the closing of a school to pay for it? A justified cost?

Just Or Not, Cost of Death Penalty Is A Killer for State Budgets and many local budgets have been wiped out from death penalty cases as well.
I meant it wouldn't be ashame if the guards looked the other way.

Let the garbage take out the garbage.

wkmac

Let's assume it costs $100 per day to house an inmate in Massachusetts.

Tsarnev was tired and convicted in Federal Court and will not remain in Mass. but likely sent to a SuperMax prison based on his crimes and sentence. Also if I remember, Mass. doesn't have the death penalty either so if the conviction was in Mass. State court, death penalty would not even be in the discussion.