Bomb at Boston Marathon???

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Let's assume it costs $100 per day to house an inmate in Massachusetts. Let's further assume that he is 20 (makes the math easier) and that he will live to 80. $100 per day works out to $36,500 per year and $2.19M for the 60 years he would spend behind bars.

Putting him to death would save the taxpayers a lot of money.

No one cares what he wants.

Putting someone to death costs WAY more. Your assumptions are faulty. The appeal process will cost the taxpayers many millions more. He will not be put to death anytime soon. And as mentioned the family members will relive this over and over. Life in prison without the possibility of parole would be a done deal, no appeals, no lawyers, no news. Rotting in a jail cell would serve him much better.

Now if there were no appeal process and tomorrow you could be done with him that would be different but it don't work that way...

You know what they say about those who assume, right?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Putting someone to death costs WAY more. Your assumptions are faulty. The appeal process will cost the taxpayers many millions more. He will not be put to death anytime soon. And as mentioned the family members will relive this over and over. Life in prison without the possibility of parole would be a done deal, no appeals, no lawyers, no news. Rotting in a jail cell would serve him much better.

Now if there were no appeal process and tomorrow you could be done with him that would be different but it don't work that way...

You know what they say about those who assume, right?

You live in and are basing your assumptions upon the Peoples Republic of California. 'Nuff said.

bbsam

Staff member
You live in and are basing your assumptions upon the Peoples Republic of California. 'Nuff said.
There is no death penalty without the possibility of appeal is there? In fact, I think prisoners have had to fight to prevent appeals in order to "get it over with".

wkmac

Seems Nebraska has joined Massachusetts as a "no death penalty" state.

Only reason Tsarnaev got death was a result of the case being tired under Federal jurisdiction which has the death penalty option.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Last time I checked California was one of the 50 states in the United States of America.

So there won't be appeals, lawyers or a lot of human pain and such because I live in California?

My parents were from Buffalo NY... Does that count? LMAO.

You're just jealous because our weather is much better than yours. Yawn.

moreluck

golden ticket member
tsarnaevs-refugees.jpg

Sportello

.....and what's your point?

An "Einstein" refugee would be a statistical rarity.

There's a better chance of "refugees" being like the marathon bombers or ISIS infiltrators.
They are both statistical rarities, to use your phrasing.

I think you have very little knowledge of how the US refugee program works.

trickpony1

I think you have very little knowledge of how the US refugee program works.

....then why don't you impart some wisdom 'ol wise one.

I'm told these refugees just have to say, "I fear retribution if I return to my home country" and they are given political asylum and, eventually, citizenship.

Whatever the requirements it seems to have worked for the marathon bombers.......

I'm waiting.......

Sportello

....then why don't you impart some wisdom 'ol wise one.

I'm told these refugees just have to say, "I fear retribution if I return to my home country" and they are given political asylum and, eventually, citizenship.

Whatever the requirements it seems to have worked for the marathon bombers.......

I'm waiting.......
It's on the state.gov site, if you can trust them to tell the truth.