Bonus Babies: You are ruining UPS!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Article 34 Section 1 on page 84 of the Master Contract states, and I quote..."Full- time employees will receive one (1) year of Credited Service for each 1801 paid hours in Covered Employment in a calender year beginning on or after January 1, 2008." If your supplemental is different, your elected union officals are doing you a major disservice.
That's the UPS plan for everyone who used to be in Central States. If you compare your 30 year payout to our 30 year payout, you might come to a different conclusion as to who is being done a "major disservice". In addition, I would be willing to bet that the company does not define bonus as "paid hours".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's the UPS plan for everyone who used to be in Central States. If you compare your 30 year payout to our 30 year payout, you might come to a different conclusion as to who is being done a "major disservice". In addition, I would be willing to bet that the company does not define bonus as "paid hours".

We have discussed this before but I have to believe this is part of the reason UPS now breaks down our hours on our paystubs as hours worked and hours guaranteed.

rocket man

IF YOU KNOW THEY ARE SKIPPING LUNCH > YOU HAVE THR RIGHT TO FILE A GRIVANCE TO GET THERE HOUR FOR LUNCH. CALL YOU BUSSINESS AGENT HE WILL TELL YOU. I just still cant belive that there is a bounus system? are we under same contract. ARE THE BOUNUS BABYS A BUNCH OF ************? IF YOUR A BONUS BABY please answer me and tell me the reason you are trying to to go against t a contract that was fought and earned for over the years by hard workers and smart workers. COME ON ********* ANSWER ME IM READYTO FILE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overpaid Union Thug

IF YOU KNOW THEY ARE SKIPPING LUNCH > YOU HAVE THR RIGHT TO FILE A GRIVANCE TO GET THERE HOUR FOR LUNCH. CALL YOU BUSSINESS AGENT HE WILL TELL YOU. I just still cant belive that there is a bounus system? are we under same contract. ARE THE BOUNUS BABYS A BUNCH OF KISS ASS SCABS? IF YOUR A BONUS BABY please answer me and tell me the reason you are trying to to go against t a contract that was fought and earned for over the years by hard workers and smart workers. COME ON SCABS ANSWER ME IM READYTO FILE.

Bonus would be a good thing if people would just take their lunches and do the job at a reasonable speed. The problem is that people know that they can run, skip lunch, take short cuts, and short change customers to get off 1-2 hours early but still get paid for that time. In my center the bonus babies aren't "scabs." Most of them are union members. Its funny because most of our bonus babies are the same guys that lately have been complaining about our center's routes losing time but don't realize that they are the ones that IE uses to justify upping the standards. LOL! In fact....most of our "scabs" are the ones that do their jobs correctly and don't make much bonus. The people that worry me almost as much as bonus babies are the drivers that want, and demand, as much work as they can get. We have more than a few of those and they make it just as easy for management to cut routes as the bonus babies do. So you see.....what's going on at UPS nation wide with all the route cutting and upping the standards for "production" can't be blamed on just management. There are plenty of drivers to blame.

As far as drivers filing on drivers goes....I've never seen an hourly empoylee file on another in my building. But then again.....there is rarely a grievance filed on management either. The problem with filing for another driver not taking his/her lunch is the proof. Will management back the griever and pull the records to see if that driver did actually skip their lunch? I'm not sure they would. But it does sound like a good idea. I'd like to see what kind of backlash that would cause though. If a driver actually did this every time others skipped their lunch there would be plenty of drama in the center.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When a grievance such as this is filed does mgt even have a choice as to whether they are to produce the records or not? It shouldn't even get to that point--all mgt has to do is print a bonus babies delivery records, check what time he put in for his lunch and see if there was any activity during that time. Should take all of about 5 minutes.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Thursday night I was taking my twins out for their birthday. Lo and behold I come in Thurs morn to a big dispatch. Put er in high gear, everything went smooth, took my full lunch in increments and finished a 10.6 dispatch in exactly 9. Nobody died, nobody got hurt, no accident, no bad customer service. It benefited me to work fast to get done and it benefited me to get paid for the extra 1.6 hours. Some take advantage of the grievance procedure to work less, I take advantage of bonus system to get paid more. It's not for everyone.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Thursday night I was taking my twins out for their birthday. Lo and behold I come in Thurs morn to a big dispatch. Put er in high gear, everything went smooth, took my full lunch in increments and finished a 10.6 dispatch in exactly 9. Nobody died, nobody got hurt, no accident, no bad customer service. It benefited me to work fast to get done and it benefited me to get paid for the extra 1.6 hours. Some take advantage of the grievance procedure to work less, I take advantage of bonus system to get paid more. It's not for everyone.
This is not an example of a bonus baby. We're talking about the driver's that CRUSH the route at full speed, skip linches and customer service, all for the glory of getting off the clock so they can run home and ignore their wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend and play X-Box or watch Oprah.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When a grievance such as this is filed does mgt even have a choice as to whether they are to produce the records or not? It shouldn't even get to that point--all mgt has to do is print a bonus babies delivery records, check what time he put in for his lunch and see if there was any activity during that time. Should take all of about 5 minutes.

The union can investigate any time records, ORs, so UPS must disclose it.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
The union can investigate any time records, ORs, so UPS must disclose it.

If requested in writing and agreed to by the labor manager. If not then a grievance must be filed for the information. They have gone so far as to not let anyone print out the EDD sheets in our center for a while. That since has been relaxed but was enforced for a while. LOL.

Overpaid Union Thug

Doing this once in a while is one thing but routinely is stupid. The bonus babies that do this every day are the problem and now that the allowances in our center have been lowered they are whining because they aren't getting as much (or any) bonus as they used to. I can see why IE decided to take time from us. When you've got over half of the center running (<---and they are) an hour or two under plan I guess someone in IE with little or no driving experience is going to think that the allowances are too high and need to be lowered. That or they know better but are exploiting the situation to pad their numbers on the district/regional spreadsheets.

I'm pretty sure our team would side with the lunch skipper. The bonus babies are what makes them look good on their reports.