Bragging About Your Wages On Social Media Is Just Dumb!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Real smart.

National story on MSN shows UPS drivers on Tik Tok and other social media bragging about making
$40 an hour and "the beauty of it , nobody knows"

how stupid can you be???

You just handed management a TANK of ammunition in
2023 negotiations.

PT Car Washer

Real smart.

National story on MSN shows UPS drivers on Tik Tok and other social media bragging about making

how stupid can you be???

2023 negotiations.
Especially when a majority of UPS Union members make half of that.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Real smart.

how stupid can you be???

2023 negotiations.
It’ll get lost in stories about drivers passing out on porches from the heat.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Real smart.

how stupid can you be???

2023 negotiations.
They probably just topped out that day of making the video.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
How exactly is that ammunition? Promoting how well paid our drivers are is a perfect recruiting tool, especially with peak right around the corner.
During the 97 strike UPS was crowing how well paid drivers were trying to sway public opinion against us.
Fortunately it backfired.

I don't think the public would react the same this time that drivers that are working max hours are
making $140,000.00 a year plus another $40,000.00 or more in bennies .

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
During the 97 strike UPS was crowing how well paid drivers were trying to sway public opinion against us.
Fortunately it backfired.

I don't think the public would react the same this time that drivers that are working max hours are
making $140,000.00 a year plus another $40,000.00 or more in bennies .
Yeah but $140,000/year is working 12-13 hours EVERY day. And some of that is forced. I don’t think the public will be 100% onboard or not with a single issue such as pay. Many of the issues that are going on now heavily outweighs the perception of our wage. The pandemic really showed the public how “important” we are.

wilberforce15

Yeah but $140,000/year is working 12-13 hours EVERY day. And some of that is forced. I don’t think the public will be 100% onboard or not with a single issue such as pay. Many of the issues that are going on now heavily outweighs the perception of our wage. The pandemic really showed the public how “important” we are.
People need to stop calling this a six-figure job. It is an $80,000 job with tens of thousands of overtime

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Real smart.

how stupid can you be???

2023 negotiations.

What does a teacher or nurse make with over 20 years in working in a major city.

You are forgetting the attribution rate for every UPS Union position, more prone to disability and injuries.

40 bucks an hour with one income is lower middle class.

What do you think?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It’ll get lost in stories about drivers passing out on porches from the heat.
All 3 of them?

Anyway, in the event of possibly labor disruptions, the company will cite the true top compensation for drivers. That number will include pension and insurance contributions. They do that to portray the union as greedy. Not any different that the old standby "record profits" the union always resorts to.

Last edited:

wilberforce15

What does a teacher or nurse make with over 20 years in working in a major city.

You are forgetting the attribution rate for every UPS Union position, more prone to disability and injuries.

40 bucks an hour with one income is lower middle class.

What do you think?
The median household wage in the U.S. is 67k.

A driver makes 80k by himself before overtime.

It's not even close to being lower middle class, if you're above the median household on a single wage.

80k is lower middle class. LOLOL

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The median household wage in the U.S. is 67k.

A driver makes 80k by himself before overtime.

It's not even close to being lower middle class, if you're above the median household on a single wage.

80k is lower middle class. LOLOL
It is in my state.

wilberforce15

It is in my state.
Yes, we all know that expensive places exist.
And we all know they're irrelevant if you want to claim a wage is lower middle class.
Nationally, it's not just above that line.

It's above the median by itself on a single wage.

Nobody cares if you're from an expensive place. Should everyone here chime in and say "That average doesn't speak to me!!@!!"

Nobody cares. We are not talking about you. We are talking about the wage.