Break immediately after your last p1 stop?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by optikz, Apr 14, 2016.

1. optikz

optikz Member

We were told that we are now required to take a 1 hour break after we deliver our last p1 stop. So if you get your last p1 off at 1015, you have to begin your break after. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this ridiculous new rule.....

2. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

I almost always do all my del's before taking a break around 13:30-14:00 Makes the pick up route a breeze. Not changing that either. F-em

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Or what?......Yeah. How about no? Not your fault you don't have enough to do to keep you busy til 10:30. They've tried that many times here. Only the rookies are dumb enough to go along with that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. optikz

optikz Member

They said it doesn't matter when we finish our last p1, it can be at 1040, you would have to go on break after. Said it was mandatory and write ups will be given, not olcc's.

5. Operational needs

Are you DOT certified? If so, what time do you start?

6. BigTex61

BigTex61 Active Member

So what's the goal behind this new, ridiculous rule?

7. Star B

Star B White Lightning

Maybe they were having too many people not take a break after 6h on-duty? They could be in a weird state that requires a break between certain hours?

All I know is that you have to have one 30 in 8 per the fed... unless you're starting at 2:45AM, you're nowhere near that by 1030.

8. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Sometimes I don't get on break until 4 lol Id like to see them try this at my station

9. Rhoderunner

Rhoderunner Active Member

Ask them to show you the policy that allows them to dictate a mandatory break window. Not in the first or last hour of a shift IS the only policy I'm aware of. Anybody know of anything else ......??

10. Operational needs

Nope, but if I don't forget, I'm going to look it up when I get back to the station. It's got my curiosity piqued.

11. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

HAHAHA. I'd love to see them write me up for that. I'd make their life hell.

12. Operational needs

https://www.workplacefairness.org/breaks_statelaws

I did a little searching and found out that not all states require businesses to give you breaks, nor does OSHA. Obviously, if one is DOT certified, they follow those rules. The list of meal rules for each state is in the link above.

As usual, Fedex's policies are vague. This is from the Policy and Procedures Manual (P&P)
    image.jpg

And this is from the DGO People Best Practices image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

Wtf is a p1

14. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

FedEx thread dude

15. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

Whoops lol

16. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

At least you didn't tell them to file a grievance. I've done that one

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Operational needs

That's what we call our 10:30 freight. Same as UPS' NDA's.

18. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

I believe the reason they want you to take a break if you finish before 10:30 is so you don't do stand alones or sit around ding nothing until 10:30. If you finish at 10:40, that I can't answer. As far as I know, there is no policy saying WHEN (except 1st and last hour) you have to take a break.

19. optikz

optikz Member

Think they gave us bad info. Miscommunication is the norm here

20. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

I'm in a noon P1 commit area, so if I'm light on P2, I break at noon. If I'm heavy, I break at 1.