Bring your spouse to work Day...ON TOPIC PRETTY PLEASE

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
First, I shall start off by saying my wife is a badass, being a stay at home mom taking care of our two toddlers. That being said, almost everyday I feel that she thinks what she does is incomparably (is that a word?) more difficult than what us PC drivers do.

We all work 10-12 hours everyday, up and down stairs, cases of wine, Irregs, pickups, time commits. Then I come home and am basically doing all the domestic stuff, while trying to be an upbeat dad, exhausted and beat from toes to forehead.

I just wish, for one day, just 1 day, she could be my helper and really see and physically do what I and the rest of us do. Day in and day out. Anybody else ever have this thought? And for the love of...holy hell, stay on topic!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have already decided that my wife will meet me on route and spend most of the day on car with me on my retirement day. I want to share that day with her, let her see firsthand what my job is like, and have her film me making the final delivery of what will have been a 35+ year career.

Excellent topic by the way!!

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I have already decided that my wife will meet me on route and spend most of the day on car with me on my retirement day. I want to share that day with her, let her see firsthand what my job is like, and have her film me making the final delivery of what will have been a 35+ year career.

Excellent topic by the way!!
Thanks

Packmule

Both my kids worked as Christmas helpers one year and both were willing to testify as to the rigors of this job. As for my wife, she's with the school system and we've agreed neither one of us wants to switch! Love kids but no way I'd want to keep a classroom full of them under control-especially these days!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There was a driver in my center about 30 years ago who actually did this-without company permission. He went from PT to FT driving. Don't remember if his numbers were lower than what he wanted or if he wanted to impress management to promote him into management, but he was picking up his wife on area and she was helping him. Some days he would just give her a bunch of stops and she would deliver them herself. This was back before DIADS, so logistically, it was possible. He went from below average to waaaay under overnight and nobody could figure out how. Someone called in on her, and the company started following him. Of course, he was terminated immediately.

NXA

When was the last time you took a couple personals so your wife could take a 4-day somewhere? I have a SAHM and 4 littles, and last time I did that I was whipped by day 2.

PC is physically demanding, focused, long hours of work. But it's only four or five different tasks, and all the decisions and policy are made by the machine and its cogs.

9.5er

Simply have her sign up to be a helper this peak season. If she is willing. All she will have to do is go to what ever training class they have then go on road with you one day. Next day they call her in she tells them it isn't for her and quit.
We have a couple drivers that have their wives as helpers every year.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
This past peak my wife was hired by UPS as a seasonal driver. She delivered bulk stops. One day she handled nearly 2500 packages during delivery and pickup.
Needless to say.....she is much more understanding on the weekends when I don't have much energy to do her honey do list. I still try to accommodate though.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I would end up choking my wife to death about 40 minutes into the day. Somehow she would spin it that I manipulated the system into having all the heavy, bulky, long driveway stops on that day. She really has no idea how chitty this huge chunk of my life has been physically.