bus crash kills at least 10 after FedEx truck collision

moriar7y

The report said that the flames were coming from the lower rear of the truck cab. I doubt that had to do with Hazmats.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rainman

Its all good.
God "sees" everything, He is omnipresent and omniscient, yet both followers and non-followers get bumped-off all the time....for no reason. What about 4 month old babies killed in mudslides or any variety of other ways? Starving hordes in Africa? Why doesn't He step-in? Sorry, but there is no logic to it.
God sees a multibillion piece puzzle and we only see a few pieces. Just because we don't understand does t mean he doesn't care. He allows us to have free will and that in itself allows for our actions to cause grief for us and others.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

hypo hanna

God sees a multibillion piece puzzle and we only see a few pieces. Just because we don't understand does t mean he doesn't care. He allows us to have free will and that in itself allows for our actions to cause grief for us and others.

Or maybe he is the ultimate sadist who enjoys watching his creation suffer? Seems as good an explanation as any priest, imam or rabbi's interpretation.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I'm just glad this "God"guy gave me free will to crack another beer:innocent:

Rainman

Its all good.
Or maybe he is the ultimate sadist who enjoys watching his creation suffer? Seems as good an explanation as any priest, imam or rabbi's interpretation.
God came to earth in the form of a man to suffer for us and take our punishment upon himself, forgiving us for all the wrongs we have ever done against him and others. Doesn't sound like a sadist to me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
God came to earth in the form of a man to suffer for us and take our punishment upon himself, forgiving us for all the wrongs we have ever done against him and others. Doesn't sound like a sadist to me.

Sounds like a fairy tale to me. When you can explain why God allows innocent 4 month olds to die, then you have something. Until then, he's just like the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

bbsam

Staff member
You may have something there. Since we are said to be created in His image and we do love violence, mayhem and blood...something to think about.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Just read on The Blaze that Cal Trans thinks the truck driver may have had a heart attack because there is an absence of skid marks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He was only 32 so I was thinking he fell asleep. Or overcome by fumes from possible fire.

Depending on what was burning, quite possible on the passing out. The newer tractors (and almost all tractors are new in CA) have lots of emissions issues, among them fires in the systems.

DontThrowPackages

Yep. Driver could have passed out, car could have cut him off. I'll wait for the NTSB Report. A bunch of HS kids on a trip to check-out a college...and then this. No reason for it. This is the kind of stuff that makes me an agnostic, as in why would a loving God allow something so tragic to happen. We had a feeder plane crash once too, and management's reaction was the same. No concern for the pilot, and cover FedEx for any liability. Very disturbing.
Probably because there is no God. Ever notice people praying for a child in the hospital and after that child dies, the praying didn't work, the believers don't say our prayers didn't work but instead say, "It was Gods will". Well If everything that happens is God will, why even bother praying? Before the internet, we had to know a cop or at least someone who knew a cop to hear how evil people in this world really are. Stories that make you say, why didn't God stop it? Child predators and rapist/murders, why aren't they struck down? Is it Gods will for his people to be violated in such a way? In the Old testament, God kills people. With the Story of Noah, God Killed the entire world with the flood. Now in the new testament, he doesn't believe in vengeance. Google "Nanking Massacre" and still tell me its "Gods will".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Probably because there is no God. Ever notice people praying for a child in the hospital and after that child dies, the praying didn't work, the believers don't say our prayers didn't work but instead say, "It was Gods will". Well If everything that happens is God will, why even bother praying? Before the internet, we had to know a cop or at least someone who knew a cop to hear how evil people in this world really are. Stories that make you say, why didn't God stop it? Child predators and rapist/murders, why aren't they struck down? Is it Gods will for his people to be violated in such a way? In the Old testament, God kills people. With the Story of Noah, God Killed the entire world with the flood. Now in the new testament, he doesn't believe in vengeance. Google "Nanking Massacre" and still tell me its "Gods will".

Yep. Doesn't get much worse than what the Japanese did. I went to a photo exhibit on the massacre and had to leave because I was getting sick. If there is a God, he needs to stop by for a visit and take care of some business. Then I'll believe. all of this hocus-pocus about faith and free will and the rest of it is excuses because there is no proof.

Serf

Nazism wanted to transform the subjective consciousness of the German people.Their attitudes, values and mentalities into a single-minded, obedient national community. Nazis believed they would therefore have to replace class, religious and regional allegiances. But seriously, this is really great. We went from talking about an accident, to yelling God is dead!! I bet if Express adopted UPS pay scale (24 months to hit top pay) we would start to see a spiritual revival. And all of us would be praising the Lord.

Rainman

Its all good.
Yep. Doesn't get much worse than what the Japanese did. I went to a photo exhibit on the massacre and had to leave because I was getting sick. If there is a God, he needs to stop by for a visit and take care of some business. Then I'll believe. all of this hocus-pocus about faith and free will and the rest of it is excuses because there is no proof.
Not Gods will, but peoples will. God wants good for us, but we are determined to do things our way and end up causing untold grief. All it takes is a few a-holes to royally screw up things for who knows how many people.

God could have created us as robots, but he didn't want that. He wanted people who would choose to have relationship with him, not someone who had no choice. Free will is a two edged sword, sometimes we hurt ourselves and others in the exercise of it.

Just because God doesn't act like we want him to doesn't negate his existence. Believe or disbelieve, it's your choice.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not Gods will, but peoples will. God wants good for us, but we are determined to do things our way and end up causing untold grief. All it takes is a few a-holes to royally screw up things for who knows how many people.

God could have created us as robots, but he didn't want that. He wanted people who would choose to have relationship with him, not someone who had no choice. Free will is a two edged sword, sometimes we hurt ourselves and others in the exercise of it.

Just because God doesn't act like we want him to doesn't negate his existence. Believe or disbelieve, it's your choice.

Please explain how a 4-month old has "free will". Also, how do you know all of this? Did you talk to God, or did you just read the comic book? Here's one. Why doesn't God just pay us a visit, take care of the A-holes, and make this world a paradise? Why all the games? Marx was right. Religion is the opiate of the masses.

P

prodriver

Please explain how a 4-month old has "free will". Also, how do you know all of this? Did you talk to God, or did you just read the comic book? Here's one. Why doesn't God just pay us a visit, take care of the A-holes, and make this world a paradise? Why all the games? Marx was right. Religion is the opiate of the masses.
Somehow I thought you'd have a different view on religion.

Rainman

Its all good.
A four month old is at the mercy of others who have free will, a victim of other's choices, much as we are in our jobs.

God WILL come back to this world one day and set things straight, making this world a paradise.

I do talk to God, but he doesn't fill me in personally. I learn from the Bible, which is the only book that predicts the future accurately, all the time.

Marx saw what he wanted to see and put his spin on things, much like Fred. He screwed over a lot of people. And you trust what he said?