California Liberals Mortified Over Folk Standing For The National Anthem

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The kids are New Zealanders. If you're going to represent your country then show respect for your country.
Some of those kids looked quite joyous in the moment unlike some in the back that looked liked the were attending an event they did not want to attend.

vantexan

I’ll say it again: the “Star Spangled Banner” is a bad national anthem. Clunky lyrics about one battle that’s hard to sing.

“America the Beautiful” is a much better choice lyrically and musically.
And if "America the Beautiful" was the anthem there'd be some angry liberals slamming it.

vantexan

Respectfully standing is not giving respect?
I'm not saying they have to sing the song but take a cue from the ones who had their hands on their hearts. Thankfully there were a few willing to do that. Find it hard to believe the coaching staff or the governing body doesn't at least request that the team represent the country with respect and dignity.

Box Ox

Looks like things worked out just fine.

“Megan Rapinoe cut an emotional figure as she watched her US team get knocked out of the Women's World Cup on Sunday.

The 38-year-old, who announced she would be retiring from the sport following the conclusion of the 2023 National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) season in October, came on as a second-half substitute against Sweden but missed her penalty in the shootout.

“It’s like a sick joke for me, personally. I’m like, ‘This is dark comedy, I missed a penalty,’” Rapinoe told Fox Sports.“

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

“Megan Rapinoe cut an emotional figure as she watched her US team get knocked out of the Women's World Cup on Sunday.

The 38-year-old, who announced she would be retiring from the sport following the conclusion of the 2023 National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) season in October, came on as a second-half substitute against Sweden but missed her penalty in the shootout.

“It’s like a sick joke for me, personally. I’m like, ‘This is dark comedy, I missed a penalty,’” Rapinoe told Fox Sports.“
IMG_4439.gif

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Ugly little dyke

newolddude

I guess the next American team should be built with only white, straight women who have agape like love for America. That should guarantee a win.