California

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Gee, the pipeline was suppose to create jobs too, but the pres said no . Should I apply all the points you bring up to the president's objection to the pipeline?

We dont need a pipeline, and the 34 jobs that would have created isnt worth kicking people off their land. We are pumping more fuel in this country today than EVER. Stockpiles of oil now flood this country and it has to be sold off to other countries because we have no place to put it.

Putting in a new pipeline will have NO EFFECT on the amount of oil we have today. America is using less oil each year since Obama has taken office.

This is the future. You wouldnt know that though, your stuck in yesterday.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I would be all for the bullet train if it was some private company doing it.......but no private company will touch it! They know better. The gov't wants ME to pay for it.
The demographics are weak....look at Amtrak, still subsidized after all these years.

Personal experience, I watch the almost empty trains go by all the time.

rod

Retired 22 years
It looks like California is ramping up to another doozy of a fire season again this year. To add insult to injury they are running out of water in places--- 100 year drought. I realize you have nice weather and all (for getting a sun tan)....... but there don't seem to be much else left to brag about.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I would be all for the bullet train if it was some private company doing it.......but no private company will touch it! They know better. The gov't wants ME to pay for it.
The demographics are weak....look at Amtrak, still subsidized after all these years.

Personal experience, I watch the almost empty trains go by all the time.

Your lack of knowledge on state projects isnt a surprise in the least. Take a look at the 5 freeway expansion in buena park. The goverment funded it, and its ALL PRIVATE companies doing the work. Private contractors bid on portions of the freeway and the work is done by private companies.

Same thing with the bullet train. The state will use tax dollars to help fund a portion of the construction, the USA will fund a portion and private companies will fund the balance.

PRIVATE companies will complete all the work. For you to suggest that the goverment will construct the system is laughable at best and this demonstrates your lack of understanding of how construction works.

The following private companies will BOOM with this project:

1) several different concrete mixers/companies will be contracted
2) several steel providers will be contracted
3) several electrical companies will be contracted
4) several heavy machinery companies/operators will be contracted
5) hundreds of steel workers will be contracted
6) hundreds of electricians will be contracted
7) hundreds of painters will be contracted
8) hundreds of cement workers will be contracted
9) hundreds of cement finishers will be contracted
10) hundreds of general workers will be contracted
11) hundreds of full time workers will be hired to run the system

These jobs can only be done by private companies as the state does not have the capacity to do any of this work. Your assertion that "NO PRIVATE COMPANY" wants to be a part of the project is pure nonsense.

There are private companies lining up from all over the world to do this project.

All you know is what you hear from FOX news and your mouthpieces from the GOP who would rather see the project killed than employ american workers.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
And the private companies are PAID BY THE GOV'T ......that's my tax dollars that they use!!!!! Do you think Obama takes out his wallet and pays those companies??? Dream on.

Check mate!!!

oldngray

nowhere special
California is so far in debt it can't afford to spend billions it doesn't have to build a rail line that would benefit few. Probably most of money would end up lining the pockets of politicians - which is why they are still trying to force in through.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Your lack of knowledge on state projects isnt a surprise in the least. Take a look at the 5 freeway expansion in buena park. The goverment funded it, and its ALL PRIVATE companies doing the work. Private contractors bid on portions of the freeway and the work is done by private companies.

Same thing with the bullet train. The state will use tax dollars to help fund a portion of the construction, the USA will fund a portion and private companies will fund the balance.

PRIVATE companies will complete all the work. For you to suggest that the goverment will construct the system is laughable at best and this demonstrates your lack of understanding of how construction works.

TOS.
And the private companies are PAID BY THE GOV'T ......that's my tax dollars that they use!!!!! Do you think Obama takes out his wallet and pays those companies??? Dream on.

Check mate!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
It looks like California is ramping up to another doozy of a fire season again this year. To add insult to injury they are running out of water in places--- 100 year drought. I realize you have nice weather and all (for getting a sun tan)....... but there don't seem to be much else left to brag about.
We have the best car chases in the entire U.S. !!
Today we were able to sit down, rest for 20 mins. viewing a car chase and a wreck and a couple near misses.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
California is so far in debt it can't afford to spend billions it doesn't have to build a rail line that would benefit few. Probably most of money would end up lining the pockets of politicians - which is why they are still trying to force in through.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://www.hsr.ca.gov/

California will provide new good paying jobs with this project. Its about the future, and not todays "relics" throwing out opinions.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The people who wanted this project at half the price.....now don't want it with the price double what it originally was. Count again!!