Question on Senority

Thebrownblob

Thanks for all your help gents! I’m going to visit hr and a steward tomorrow. I’m super bummed if we haven’t been promoted yet due to sign sheets we didn’t know about. I do wish the communication in UPS was better. That’s the biggest problem I’ve seen through the years here.

I’ll try to visit this later but seriously appreciate all the feedback! Have a great day all
Looks like your question is answered, but I just wanted to say……
1706146113848.gif

542thruNthru

Thank you SO MUCH for this detailed information. So it might be another 4 years until I’m full time. Then it is what it is! Oh well, I accept my fate. It’s rough going from rpcd pay with over time to only 21 an hour pt. Welp, looks like it’s time to get a second job!

Really appreciate you giving me the time and feedback. And all of you! Thanks again and good luck out there!
Look at it this way. When you go FT you'll be at top rate because your cover driver years count towards it. Also you've been getting more contributions to your pension than non cover driver part timers because UPS makes a dollar amount every hour up to 2080 hours a year.

Nah
Look at it this way. When you go FT you'll be at top rate because your cover driver years count towards it. Also you've been getting more contributions to your pension than non cover driver part timers because UPS makes a dollar amount every hour up to 2080 hours a year.
Should her pay rate really be at the bottom of the PT scale if she's been around for 4 years?

KatieH

Ohhhh really??? That’s very encouraging! Thank you! And I had no idea about the pension, you are so helpful and knowledgeable.

I’ve been driving for 4 years straight, and employed for 6. And you are correct, we just got a pay raise from 16.50 to 21 lol so we all get the same pay rate.

And hello to everyone too! Shall we ever cross paths we will meet for some coffee! No beers because we got to stay healthy!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m good. I never worried about it for a second.
I literally deliver in the middle of nowhere. The only reason I have a p800 is because of the bulk from the homesteaders. I can’t even relate to how most of you are going through.
I’m not going thru anything

Brownwind

I’m not going thru anything
No offense. Sorry about that. I read more than a few of these posts and try to understand what they are saying.
I’m trying to figure out how to help the op but recognize I can’t do much. It stinks for this kid who is getting steamrolled because of not fully understanding the process. It’s a new generation and I’m being left behind.

tintininis

He sounds like the old TCD guys (temporary cover drivers were used out of classification for years during Covid) most thought it would go on forever and never questioned it.
I was one of those tcds around panda time. If it weren’t for covid, I would still be in preload getting paid for 3 maybe 4 hours around this time of year.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What exactly is a "cover driver"?

We only have full time seniority drivers here. Temps are only allowed peak and summer vacation time, then they are tossed to the dumpster.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
What exactly is a "cover driver"?

We only have full time seniority drivers here. Temps are only allowed peak and summer vacation time, then they are tossed to the dumpster.
Cover driver is a full time driver that bids cover in my bldg.