Calling off the day after Memorial Day?

Ant12

I'm a loader, I've worked here for 7 months without ever calling out except for a time when it snowed 2 feet and no one showed up anyway. I know it's gonna be busy today since we weren't there yesterday but I really feel sick. I know it's apparently forbidden to call off during peak, but would I be able to call off sick today? Would they give me much of a problem since I never called out before?

Depending on your area you may not be paid for the holiday if you don't work the workday before and after.

In my area you must work one of them.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I'm a loader, I've worked here for 7 months without ever calling out except for a time when it snowed 2 feet and no one showed up anyway. I know it's gonna be busy today since we weren't there yesterday but I really feel sick. I know it's apparently forbidden to call off during peak, but would I be able to call off sick today? Would they give me much of a problem since I never called out before?

I'm assuming you aren't going to get paid for the holiday, regardless, since you have less than a year of service. They're going to give you a problem but can't do much more than write you up. Sick is sick, stay home.