Can hall hold the fort without Hoffa Jr?

Irishman Collins

Whatever makes you feel better about being you. Even if it's getting the last word or trying to belittle someone. Have at it.
How is saying you are over matched belittling someone? If I wanted to attempt to belittle someone I would do better than out matched. Try not to take things so personal.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

Everyone complained about the shuttling issue entering the building. If you entered into shuttle pick up location 20 minutes before start time, you got paid at start time whether or not you punched in on time because of the shuttle. It was already in their rider. If they chose not to enforce it, that is their problem.

I don't like the way contract went down, but it is what it is. Enforce what is in the contract.
Ups chuck it is not your opinion that counts on this issue. The fact is, they wanted shuttle pay and were denied the right to continue fighting for it by our I.B.T. leaders and that my friend is not ok.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Ups chuck it is not your opinion that counts on this issue. The fact is, they wanted shuttle pay and were denied the right to continue fighting for it by our I.B.T. leaders and that my friend is not ok.
The only part of my post that is opinion is that I don't like the way it went down, the rest IS fact.

Irishman Collins

The only part of my post that is opinion is that I don't like the way it went down, the rest IS fact.
Again, implying that someone could file a grievance in reference to the shuttling issue, says to me that you are implying that they should except their situation and move on. You need to realize their anger and get on board with it

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Again, implying that someone could file a grievance in reference to the shuttling issue, says to me that you are implying that they should except their situation and move on. You need to realize their anger and get on board with it
What? You are saying that filing a grievance is accepting their situation. Boy, I've been wrong all these years.

What I don't get on board is manufactured anger that leadership has put in place to divert focus from the real issue of them wanting to stay in the companies HC plan, which was not going to happen. I call the shuttle issue a moot issue, and have given facts as to why. All you say is join in line with no facts.

upschuck

On a lighter note, when I first read the thread title, this is what I read "Can hall hold the fart without Hoffa Jr?". Made for an interesting mental picture. :oops:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What? You are saying that filing a grievance is accepting their situation. Boy, I've been wrong all these years.

What I don't get on board is manufactured anger that leadership has put in place to divert focus from the real issue of them wanting to stay in the companies HC plan, which was not going to happen. I call the shuttle issue a moot issue, and have given facts as to why. All you say is join in line with no facts.
Chuck, the "facts" are that Local 89 was fighting for a laundry list of issues and healthcare was on it.
I know this because I went there and helped them handbill for a day.
The shuttle issue was on the top of the list and they were shut down by the IBT executive board who imposed the last offer from the company utilising an obscure, ludicrous Art 12 sec 6 in the IBT Constitution.
Spin it was how you want, they got screwed.

upschuck

Chuck, the "facts" are that Local 89 was fighting for a laundry list of issues and healthcare was on it.
I know this because I went there and helped them handbill for a day.
The shuttle issue was on the top of the list and they were shut down by the IBT executive board who imposed the last offer from the company utilising an obscure, ludicrous Art 12 sec 6 in the IBT Constitution.
Spin it was how you want, they got screwed.
If you want me on that side, then do not lie(not you specifically) to me about their conditions and rules. You do it to me once, on something easily debunked, then you will probably do it to me on something not so easily disproven. That is just how I do things.

You know that the shuttle was a talking point, to get people to vote 'no' because of the HC. I rarely heard of anything else.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you want me on that side, then do not lie(not you specifically) to me about their conditions and rules. You do it to me once, on something easily debunked, then you will probably do it to me on something not so easily disproven. That is just how I do things.

You know that the shuttle was a talking point, to get people to vote 'no' because of the HC. I rarely heard of anything else.
Chuck, I do think you have been lied to, just not by the people you suspect.
See, unlike you, I didn't accept what I read or was told as fact or fiction.
Instead, I used a single day vacation and drove to Louisville the night before and spent the whole day standing outside the employee entrance to Worldport hand billing with several Local 89 officials and front line stewards in late February.
I watched "dots" on the horizon turn into real people as they trudged as far as a half a mile from their car to the gate in sub-freezing temperatures and wind driven snow, only to face a lengthy shuttle to their work area.
I spoke with scores of employees, most half my age, and not one was talking about healthcare.
These are young men and women, mostly college students, who are there to earn tuition, housing and money.
It was apparent that health benefits were far down on their list of priorities, as I suspect many were still covered on Mom and Dads plan or felt they didn't need them as most of us did when we were young and "invincible".
They routinely spend as much as 2 hrs shuttling to and from an enormous employee parking lot, to earn as little as 3.5 hrs of pay.
Make no mistake Chuck, they were absolutely holding out for the shuttle issue and several other working condition issues.
While your assertions about holding out for healthcare may have been true for those voting on the Ohio Rider, Western Pa and Metro Philly, this simply wasn't the case in Local 89's Worldport employees.
They got screwed by the ridiculous Art12 sec 6 of the IBT Constitution that most assuredly needs amending at the next Convention.

Last edited:

Irishman Collins

What you dont get, is that most of the employees at the Air Hub are in there twenties. They could care less about health care because A. There young and don't use it and B. They are covered by their parents insurance. Your opinions are solely based on the koolaid that the I.B.T. keeps shoving down your throat. If you want to get to the facts visit with 89 members and ask them what was important to them and how they feel about having their ability to vote on their respective issues stripped from them like a thief in the night.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What you dont get, is that most of the employees at the Air Hub are in there twenties. They could care less about health care because A. There young and don't use it and B. They are covered by their parents insurance. Your opinions are solely based on the koolaid that the I.B.T. keeps shoving down your throat. If you want to get to the facts visit with 89 members and ask them what was important to them and how they feel about having their ability to vote on their respective issues stripped from them like a thief in the night.

Sent using BrownCafe App
What an ironic twist???
We bitch about part timers not voting.
Tell them they could own the contract if they would just vote!
Then, when they do in record numbers, at the facility with the biggest concentration of part timers in the country, they are smacked down like a junebug in May.
What a shame.

It really isn't fair.

upschuck

Chuck, I do think you have been lied to, just not by the people you suspect.
See, unlike you, I didn't accept what I read or was told as fact or fiction.
Instead, I used a single day vacation and drove to Louisville the night before and spent the whole day standing outside the employee entrance to Worldport hand billing with several Local 89 officials and front line stewards in late February.
I watched "dots" on the horizon turn into real people as they trudged as far as a half a mile from their car to the gate in sub-freezing temperatures and wind driven snow, only to face a lengthy shuttle to their work area.
I spoke with scores of employees, most half my age, and not one was talking about healthcare.
These are young men and women, mostly college students, who are there to earn tuition, housing and money.
It was apparent that health benefits were far down on their list of priorities, as I suspect many were still covered on Mom and Dads plan or felt they didn't need them as most of us did when we were young and "invincible".
They routinely spend as much as 2 hrs shuttling to and from an enormous employee parking lot, to earn as little as 3.5 hrs of pay.
Make no mistake Chuck, they were absolutely holding out for the shuttle issue and several other working condition issues.
While your assertions about holding out for healthcare may have been true for those voting on the Ohio Rider, Western Pa and Metro Philly, this simply wasn't the case in Local 89's Worldport employees.
They got screwed by the ridiculous Art12 sec 6 of the IBT Constitution that most assuredly needs amending at the next Convention.

Sent using BrownCafe App
When somebody makes a website, they put the most powerful points at the beginning so that people keep reading, just like a news article. Here is a screenshot of L89 website:
Capture.JPG

What are the first two points? shuttle and healthcare. Those were the most important issues to L89. I've talked no avail about these, so I will not rehash it again.

Once again, I did not like the way this contract went down, and would of rather them implement the healthcare part, like other parts were implemented, and let them vote on the rest. I don't hold the party line of any organization, I think for myself.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When somebody makes a website, they put the most powerful points at the beginning so that people keep reading, just like a news article. Here is a screenshot of L89 website:
View attachment 15178
What are the first two points? shuttle and healthcare. Those were the most important issues to L89. I've talked no avail about these, so I will not rehash it again.

Once again, I did not like the way this contract went down, and would of rather them implement the healthcare part, like other parts were implemented, and let them vote on the rest. I don't hold the party line of any organization, I think for myself.
So, I'm curious and ignorant to your previous attempts to no avail.
What part of that screen shot from long ago do you disagree with?
Keep in mind, for this particular work group, the newly proposed HC plan was concessionary.

BTW, since you brought it up, Local 89 has one of the best website and social network I've seen. I look at it too.

upschuck

So, I'm curious and ignorant to your previous attempts to no avail.
What part of that screen shot from long ago do you disagree with?
Keep in mind, for this particular work group, the newly proposed HC plan was concessionary.

BTW, since you brought it up, Local 89 has one of the best website and social network I've seen. I look at it too.
Yes, they do have a nice website.

I explained away the first two bullet points. It is you and the Irishman that says HC was not an issue, that L89 was concerned about, since majority are young and on parents insurance. I think that you know about the shuttle issue, because I explained it to you, more shuttles and paid at start time.

Screenshot from long ago is still on their site. I brought it up because this issue we are talking about is from long ago.

We'll let the masses decide for themselves, because nothing really new is being said.

Peace brother.