Can hall hold the fort without Hoffa Jr?

Irishman Collins

Hall/O'Brien in 2016 will kick ANYONE's arse that runs against them,and I can't wait to cast my vote for them!
728, even if Hall and O'Brien had been the greatest Union leaders the I.B.T. had ever seen. At the moment they accepted a concessioary, give back, U.P.S. contract, in times of historic and record U.P.S. profits and agreed to take locals rights away to vote on their respective local supplements they lost all credibility. Please consider that no matter how you feel about the health care issue the bottom line is they both accepted something that even the average member if given the chance would never have considered in squashing dues paying members voting rights. It is time for reform and leaders who say what they mean and mean what they say.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Big Bad Wolf

728, even if Hall and O'Brien had been the greatest Union leaders the I.B.T. had ever seen. At the moment they accepted a concessioary, give back, U.P.S. contract, in times of historic and record U.P.S. profits and agreed to take locals rights away to vote on their respective local supplements they lost all credibility. Please consider that no matter how you feel about the health care issue the bottom line is they both accepted something that even the average member if given the chance would never have considered in squashing dues paying members voting rights. It is time for reform and leaders who say what they mean and mean what they say.

Sent using BrownCafe App
So Hall and O'Brien are to blame for accepting the UPS contract? Um, the master was voted in. Seems like most wanted it to me. And your unbiased opinion is to "reform"?

Where are you pigs now?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I will wait and see who is running before I make my mind up on who to vote for. The opponents may be worse.
I never advocate voting for change just for the sake of it.
That being said, and knowing what I do about what we already have, I can't see any way around it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
when you get the chance to see them face-to-face will you say that to them
If the situation presents itself, sure.
I wouldn't run up and blurt it out in a crowd, but if the setting was right, I would say it and listen attentively to their answer.

There are some people who believe this site, and this sub-forum specifically, are monitored by the IBT.
I have an old friend who no longer posts here, but when he did, he did so without anonymity.
He wore the fact that he wasn't anonymous like a "badge of honor" and once told me that the upper brass of the IBT had taken notice of him.
Through no effort of my own, my identity was "outed" on this site last Fall.
At that time I was put to a decision whether to stop posting, assume a new screen name or follow in my friends foot steps and wear my lack of anonymity as a "badge of honor" as well.
To date I have done the later in homage of my friend.
With that being said, "they" probably already know how I feel and who I am, so why not say it to their face?

I wouldn't run up and blurt it out in a crowd, but if the setting was right, I would say it and listen attentively to their answer.

There are some people who believe this site, and this sub-forum specifically, are monitored by the IBT.
I have an old friend who no longer posts here, but when he did, he did so without anonymity.
He wore the fact that he wasn't anonymous like a "badge of honor" and once told me that the upper brass of the IBT had taken notice of him.
At that time I was put to a decision whether to stop posting, assume a new screen name or follow in my friends foot steps and wear my lack of anonymity as a "badge of honor" as well.
With that being said, "they" probably already know how I feel and who I am, so why not say it to their face?
That's because you have two times the balls and are three times as smart as him. I have nothing but respect for you and am willing to bet that you are the real deal.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Who knows, maybe 95%, how many web forums are sunk from any positive meaning by anonymous trolling? Hiding behind anonymity when you have nothing to hide just to act like an ass is cowardly. It ruins legitimate forums for everyone. But the other 5% are like this forum, where anonymity is an important job protector.

As far as the corporate world goes, these forums are dangerous. They keep members informed. They bring members out of the dark. Worker apathy is this company's best friend.

Sure, there are trolls on this site that push the limits of all of us. But where else can you find out, on a country wide basis, how things are at other areas? I will never blame anyone here for keeping their identity secret. It's in their best interest.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
hall,James Hoffa Junior and Sean O'Brien came to our local last year and it was a great day to shake hall hand and thank him for all he has done for the UPS employees over the years.
Lets not forget when the economy tanked and most people really were enduring givebacks,connecssions and lay offs we UPS employees drew very nice raises

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
hall,James Hoffa Junior and Sean O'Brien came to our local last year and it was a great day to shake hall hand and thank him for all he has done for the UPS employees over the years.
Lets not forget when the economy tanked and most people really were enduring givebacks,connecssions and lay offs we UPS employees drew very nice raises
...and UPS was negotiated out of the Central States Pension Fund, which will very likely lead to its demise.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Let's not forget the last contract was negotiated before the economy fell apart. So we were locked into pay raises for that contract.

Can't really give hall credit for that.

But I'll admit, we did get lucky on the timing of that deal.

Irishman Collins

Bojangles, you act as if we are in the 1940's dealing with a bunch of Union thugs. If Bubblehead ever had the chance to tell them how he feels, why wouldn't he and if they brought reproach or harm to him they would be guilty of violating the constitution and R.I.C.O., wake up and get in 2014.

Sent using BrownCafe App

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Let's not forget the last contract was negotiated before the economy fell apart. So we were locked into pay raises for that contract.

Can't really give hall credit for that.

But I'll admit, we did get lucky on the timing of that deal.
Hall and Hoffa refused to renegotiate the contract after the bottom fell out,so yeah i DO give them credit for UPser's riding very high in the worst recession since the Great Depression