Can management do this.

Stopher

Have a new guy in our center that started cover driving bout 6 months ago. Due to helpers and golf cart routes his hours have been drastically reduced and mostly limited to running air. He is scared to sy anything to management in fear of some sort of retaliation. What kind of advive can i give him?Can management to this?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Have a new guy in our center that started cover driving bout 6 months ago. Due to helpers and golf cart routes his hours have been drastically reduced and mostly limited to running air. He is scared to sy anything to management in fear of some sort of retaliation. What kind of advive can i give him?Can management to this?
If he's scared.....then this is just the beginning of the management team taking advantage of him.........he has to confront them with the steward present

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

If he has made book.....then no they can't.....all he has to do is show up and he's guaranteed 8 hours....but it's up to him to say something

The Driver

I drive.
He needs to talk to Stewart

FGuy_Stewie_Gen2012_R3Flat.jpg

He is a talking baby, after all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He should be working before any of the seasonal help.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Golf cart routes?? I know we have bike routes but never heard of golf carts

These are used in residential subdivisions. The company will set up a drop off point (garage, POD) and the helper will work out of that. When he is done he will leave the DIAD and golf cart at the drop off point.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Got a complaint / concern called in Wednesday that I ran a FedEx sprinter van off the road during the heavy snowfall and assaulted the driver. In hindsight, it could have looked suspicious. Truck in the ditch, him laying on his back in the snow, me parked next to him and out of my truck, laughing and pointing in different directions.

All of it true except running him off the road...he did that himself. We were laughing about the predicament and he was on his back hooking up my chain to his truck. Cross-eyed Columbo the concerned citizen, didn't bother to stop to see what was going on, had I known a complaint would be called in for trying to help a brotha out, the FedEx guy and I would have really had some fun out there with that scene when the Mayberry Sheriff also showed up on scene to "investigate an assault".

When I got in at 11pm that night I was also advised another concern was called in by FedEx thanking me for stopping and pulling the driver out of the ditch and providing him with a pair of clean, warm socks and a hoodie I had.

I would love to send that concern to Columbo the cross-eyed citizen and sign it, "That's right bitchez, that's what brown can do!"

fres431

These are used in residential subdivisions. The company will set up a drop off point (garage, POD) and the helper will work out of that. When he is done he will leave the DIAD and golf cart at the drop off point.

Then technically the "helper" is not a helper they are in charge of a vehicle and not working under the direct supervision of the driver. So they should be paid driver rate as well as start progression on ground if they deliver ground.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Then technically the "helper" is not a helper they are in charge of a vehicle and not working under the direct supervision of the driver. So they should be paid driver rate as well as start progression on ground if they deliver ground.

How is this any different than the helper who works out of a TP-60 at the mall?

Future

Victory Ride
funny-overconfidence.jpg