Can someone explain to me what exactly will happen to our healthcare..

brostalss

If this TA gets voted down, I'd like to see UPS and Teamsters come up with Health Care Plans we can choose from. An A, B, or C plan. A being top notch (PPO) and having to pay some monthly premiums. B being a mid range plan with some higher deductibles or minimum premiums and C being an HMO, you pay nothing and you'll get nothing. Most companies do this now. The choice goes to the employee.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If this TA gets voted down, I'd like to see UPS and Teamsters come up with Health Care Plans we can choose from. An A, B, or C plan. A being top notch (PPO) and having to pay some monthly premiums. B being a mid range plan with some higher deductibles or minimum premiums and C being an HMO, you pay nothing and you'll get nothing. Most companies do this now. The choice goes to the employee.

The Teamster health plan that I am covered by is a PPO with no monthly premiums.

oldupsman

Mine too. Very happy with the insurance. Local supplement is still in hiding. Waiting to see what it says.

The Teamster health plan that I am covered by is a PPO with no monthly premiums.

So why don't the Teamsters take these 2 wonderful plans that you two say you have and offer them to everyone in the country.
​And then this contract would sail through. Why won't they do just that? I think that is a fair question

GameCockFan

It all depends on what region you are from. If you are in the WEST, or you currently have a Blue Shield PPO or Blue Cross PPO plan provided by the company, then you will LOSE THAT COVERAGE.

The Union is attempting to TRANSITION you into a lesser coverage that will cost you nothing out of your check each week, but is LOADED with money out of your pocket should you get sick or become ill enough to end up at the hospital.

This union plan is loaded with copays, deductibles and particpation percentages that come out of YOUR POCKET.

These "backloaded" charges could cost you a fortune if you have a sick wife, sick kids or have a family member with diabetes.

The insurance is NOT as good for these reasons.

What will happen? Thats the easy part. YOU GET SCREWED.

If you have a Blue Cross, Blue Shield plan, you currently pay 5 bucks for prescriptions with no limitations. With this teamcare, you will pay "initially" 10% or 50 bucks each time you visit the pharmacy. The price is determined by the cost of the drugs. If you have 500 worth of drugs, then you will pay 50 bucks. You also have to pay the first 200.00 towards your deductibles before the prescription coverage begins.

Thats alot more than 5 bucks. This comes out of your pocket.

If you have an "injectable maintenance drug ( insulin ) then your deductible rises to 1000.00 . This is WORSE than you have today.

If you are on a Blue Cross or Blue Shield plan, you pay $100.00 if you end up in the hospital, but under TEAMCARE, you are responsible for 20% of the total bill.

So, if you are in the hospital for three days and the bill comes to $25000.00, then you have to PAY $5000.00 OUT OF POCKET. HOW IS THIS CHEAPER FOR YOU AGAIN?

With the companys last non economic offer, they presented us with a 20/40/60 program to maintain our current benefits. If you have a family, you would pay $60 a week or $2880.00 total for the year.

"IF" we have to pay anything, why would we place ourselves into a situation where we could end up paying thousands of dollars each year for weak coverage vs. paying $2880.00 to maintain our superior coverage that we have today?

You asked for information, and there it is. Plain and simple.

The UNIONS new montra..... "DONT GET SICK"

Peace

TOS

Bolded parts are simply not true.

Red highlight couldn't find any info but seems incorrect.

Your coverage is going to be worse for sure. But some of these posts are just hysterical doom and gloom. Attached is a pdf showing deductibles,co-pays, whats covered and % covered. Rotate the view in Adobe so its easier to read.

Attachments

• CentralStatesBenefitsChart.pdf
    246.4 KB · Views: 155

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Please give us the EXACT plan that you are on... IE: C6, B4, Mn ?

Let us ALL examine your plan, so we can once and for all understand what the phuque you are talking about that makes you brag so proudly.

You want to compare your plan, to ours, but we dont know what you are talking about.

Go for it.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Bolded parts are simply not true.

Red highlight couldn't find any info but seems incorrect.

Your coverage is going to be worse for sure. But some of these posts are just hysterical doom and gloom. Attached is a pdf showing deductibles,co-pays, whats covered and % covered. Rotate the view in Adobe so its easier to read.

You need to READ the EXCLUSIONS page of the central states explanation of benefits for the C6 plan, then READ the prescription drug coverage and the EXCLUSION for "INJECTED MAINTENANCE MEDICINE" and see that the members will have to PONY up another $1000.00 out of pocket for these kinds of drugs.

Just because you seem to be unable to read doesnt make you correct.

Also, what do you think an 80/20 plan covers? What do you think 20% of 25K is?

Did you also fail math?

peace

TOS

tbird2000

Working Class
How can anyone even cast a vote for this contract when the healthcare plan is up in the air still. Someone correct me if my shop stewards and myself are incorrect....when I look at the side-by-side, the Teamcare plan says "Central States ENHANCED Program" , meaning this is a step UP from their current plan? OK, I get it, Central will vote for this hands down then right? The way it's been explained to me is that the union and the company is saying...."This is what you have now, this might be what you get, there's a chance it could get better, but your healthcare plan will at least be this......now vote yes." If that's the case then I say hell no, the same is said by everyone I work with at NJ Local 177. Again, if I'm wrong, please help a brother out.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
How can anyone even cast a vote for this contract when the healthcare plan is up in the air still. Someone correct me if my shop stewards and myself are incorrect....when I look at the side-by-side, the Teamcare plan says "Central States ENHANCED Program" , meaning this is a step UP from their current plan? OK, I get it, Central will vote for this hands down then right? The way it's been explained to me is that the union and the company is saying...."This is what you have now, this might be what you get, there's a chance it could get better, but your healthcare plan will at least be this......now vote yes." If that's the case then I say hell no, the same is said by everyone I work with at NJ Local 177. Again, if I'm wrong, please help a brother out.

Central States teamsters have to keep their hc plan. Enhanced C-6 TEAMCARE is only for members transitioning from UPS hc plans.

RealPerson

Central States teamsters have to keep their hc plan. Enhanced C-6 TEAMCARE is only for members transitioning from UPS hc plans.

So like PT people in Central States?

So ... I am in Central states .. DOES this mean the FT drivers and 22.3's will stay the same? Could get better?

Does this mean the PT people will get the enhanced plan to transition us to the regular CS plan? or PT keep it forever?

Even at that Enhanced it is still LESS because of Co pays and Deductibles, Correct??? for current PT in Central States.

RealPerson

IBT said be Trust Them, Follow Them, Vote yes.... They have always done well right? ha

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What is amazing, is the conversation about those of us in UPS medical plans that are superior being "transitioned" into lesser coverage plans and this is ok? Why are we not talking about all those employees in the central states being "transitioned" into BETTER, SUPERIOR and LESS COSTLY plans like the rest of the country?

When did accepting Chitty become the norm?

Peace

TOS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Please give us the EXACT plan that you are on... IE: C6, B4, Mn ?

Let us ALL examine your plan, so we can once and for all understand what the phuque you are talking about that makes you brag so proudly.

You want to compare your plan, to ours, but we dont know what you are talking about.

Go for it.

Peace

TOS

NYS Teamsters BC/BS. 302/802. PPO

Fullhouse

So like PT people in Central States?

So ... I am in Central states .. DOES this mean the FT drivers and 22.3's will stay the same? Could get better?

Does this mean the PT people will get the enhanced plan to transition us to the regular CS plan? or PT keep it forever?

Even at that Enhanced it is still LESS because of Co pays and Deductibles, Correct??? for current PT in Central States.
Your plan will not be enhanced! Part time employees along with newly transitioned full time employees will have the enhanced plan. I just wonder how long it would be before the CS plan would reduce those enhance benefits? I sure dont see them increasing ours anytime soom!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
SOP on Teamcare

Has anybody seen the Standard Operating Procedures on the new Teamcare? Isn't that were all the details for Teamcare will be?
We have seen the highlights of Teamcare, but we all know that the devil is in the details.

Re: SOP on Teamcare

Has anybody seen the Standard Operating Procedures on the new Teamcare? Isn't that were all the details for Teamcare will be?
We have seen the highlights of Teamcare, but we all know that the devil is in the details.
Whatever it's going to pass so maybe it's time for you to realize and adapt.

RealPerson

Re: SOP on Teamcare

Whatever it's going to pass so maybe it's time for you to realize and adapt.

WOW,, this just shows a ton of stupidity. It' going to pass, don't worry what is in it, it only concerns you.

If you represent the Union, now I know why so many people are angry about what they are Paying for.

stink219

Funny how you describe the devil is in the details, yet your TDU buddies always use bullshart "highlights" to promote fear. You are such a contradicting joke.