Can UPS City drivers move to a UPS Feeder driver position??

Drake L.

Im working with Averitt truckload and im about to move to a city driver position with averitt in a few months. With my expirence to you guys think i could use this to become a UPS city driver and after a few years or more, move to feeder driver?? I heard the UPS and UPS freight are different and hard to switch companies?? is this true? What do you guys think??

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
UPS Freight and UPS Package are essentially two separate companies. We are just owned by the same corporation. You can't bounce between each at the hourly level.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
When we had frieght seasonals they made them use paper time cards. Were not allowed to use ivis or punch in

the_weasel

Been in feeders many years UPS Freight drivers can't bounce over to UPS package but would have to quit Freight and then reapply at package losing all your seniority :(

sppollock

When a new center was opened up in Sumner, WA I asked if there was any ways that I could transfer into feeders there after all feeders that wanted to transfer were transferred and was told no. I even asked if I would have an advantage over an off the street new hire, I was also told no. So that would be your answer. We are two different companies with two different contracts.