Cant wait for another great working day

whiskey

Absolutely loathe Fridays. Get depressed knowing the weekend has arrived. Both Saturday and Sunday, the time just seems to drag by. First words out of my mouth on Monday are, "thank God it's Monday!"

Raw

Raw Member
It was pretty hot here yesterday. The driver who delivered to the house next door looked all sweaty and miserable. I was going to go say hi to him but I was worn out from playing golf and my dog was curled up on my feet on the couch and we were both covered with a blanket due to my AC being set at too low of a temp. So I just continued with my nap. I am headed up to the mountains in a couple of days for a week of camping and fishing, so I need my rest. Only 3.3 weeks of vacation left.........:happy-very:

Hows that diet going? :wink2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
97 here today with a heat index of 105+.........should be another fun day.
I hate the cold, and I try not to complain when it is hot, but 98 heat index 105, I thought I would not make it. I felt nauseous all day, so I tried to stay wet, keep moving take 10 breaks in air, 5 minutes apiece to ensure I wouldnt have to dump my route. You really have to pace yourself, to finish a day in this kind of heat. I truly earned my pay this day. I was totally prepared with ice, water, fruit, but sometimes no matter what you do, you cant beat mother nature. I barely remember driving home. I needed gas, but I drove home on E. The thought of stepping out of the air to pump gas, was unfathomable. Although I was able to stop at the carry out for beer. It was Air conditioned:happy2: So its hotter today, but Im not working, so bring it on. You know its hot when you open the door for the dogs, and they back away from it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
LOl, ya, I was able to drag myself into the packy too!
I love that NE lingo, you don't hear that anywhere else. I remember going up there as a kid to visit my cousins, and they'd say "you guys wanna tonic?" I thought they were offering me some kind of alcoholic drink :happy-very:. Noone says "wicked" down here either, and even if they did they can't put that twang on it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Route has a split added on that screws up my compliance with delivering commercial and having pickups slotted same time frame but 50 blocks away from each other.

If my #'s improve will I eventually start having real breaks or will they add more work?

You have the question backwards.

What you might consider asking instead...would be "once I start taking real breaks, will they add more work to another car or just give it to me and have me bring the stops back as missed?"

They are giving you the split because they know you will skip your lunch and breaks to get it delivered. Why should they go to any effort to solve the underlying problem if you are willing to just stick a band-aid over it for them?

A

anonymous6

Dammit I read one and a half pages before realizing this thread is almost a year old.:biting:

it may be a year old but is as relevant today as then.

sometimes i look forward to mondays to relax from all the work i did on my vacations, :happy-very: