Cartage guys doing my work while I sit at home

ish063

Ok, so this is my 2nd year as a 710 feeder driver & looks like us 10%ers will be working 1-3 day weeks thru peak again. The company appears to have again hired a ton of contractors... giving them daily work & leaving us full time employees sitting at home waiting for extra work to pop up. I didn't file last year as it was my 1st year & wasn't sure as the stewards were aware but now this week they pushed 21 or so sleepers to browns putting those runs on cartage & rails for peak thereby pushing roughly 42 sleeper guys to browns & using cartage guys on both browns/sleepers. I'm looking at filing on my the grounds of no cartage guys should work while full time employees are sitting home. Any suggestions? Thanks

PT Car Washer

Ok, so this is my 2nd year as a 710 feeder driver & looks like us 10%ers will be working 1-3 day weeks thru peak again. The company appears to have again hired a ton of contractors... giving them daily work & leaving us full time employees sitting at home waiting for extra work to pop up. I didn't file last year as it was my 1st year & wasn't sure as the stewards were aware but now this week they pushed 21 or so sleepers to browns putting those runs on cartage & rails for peak thereby pushing roughly 42 sleeper guys to browns & using cartage guys on both browns/sleepers. I'm looking at filing on my the grounds of no cartage guys should work while full time employees are sitting home. Any suggestions? Thanks
File to be allowed to work two PT sorts inside the Hub.

ish063

Well, spoke w/people & was assured that things will be better this year for us & that mgmt is making sure that we will be working Time will tell but hoping that that we do get to work b4 subcontractors. Hope all enjoy Thanksgiving w/family & friends.

Joefeeder

I understand your frustration but get use to it. I have 27 years and a 500 mile run and during peak they give my trailers to contractors and I become a work as directed driver being run around town doing pick ups and shifting. I don't blame the company I blame the union for allowing this. This practice is against all unions policy. Hard to believe contractors come first during peak.

Returntosender

I understand your frustration but get use to it. I have 27 years and a 500 mile run and during peak they give my trailers to contractors and I become a work as directed driver being run around town doing pick ups and shifting. I don't blame the company I blame the union for allowing this. This practice is against all unions policy. Hard to believe contractors come first during peak.
Rumor has it current feeder drivers who are ex-package driver will make delivery metrics higher during peak as package driver. Then a seasonal package driver. Management claims it's more efficient for contract drivers can do two stops. The ex-package driver can do 100-150 stops in the city. Seasonal can only do 75 stops.

That rumor I heard.