Casuals have clearly arrived

ManInBrown

Saw a shifter take about 15 minutes to put a trailer on a door last night at Meadow. The entire yard was gridlocked. Koz must’ve blown a gasket.

muthatrucka

Saw a shifter take about 15 minutes to put a trailer on a door last night at Meadow. The entire yard was gridlocked. Koz must’ve blown a gasket.
We still have drivers laid off. Some are working part time hours on preload bc they claim theres not enough work to give them their guaranteed 8 hrs. Our BA agreed with it and that was that.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Did yard control give this casual a 53 footer to put on door 197 between two 53 footers on 196 and 198 at 3:30 in the morning or 10:30 at night?

Brownwind

You couldn't possibly be out of hours driving by Thursday unless you're talking about your guarantee. With 13.5 hours of possible driving (with a 30 minute meal,) that still puts you at only 54 hours by the end of Thursday.
Can’t go over 60hrs here. If you punch in your guaranteed 8 hrs. so they don’t work you on Fridays unless you want building hours and skip your guaranteed hours. So many drivers are working preload.
Most don’t push it and just take the day off.

ManInBrown

Just want to circle back to this thread. We all have our reasons for why casuals piss us off, that being said if I had to guess the driver was probably a package transfer. Most casuals drive trucks before they come to UPS. Kind of unfair to say it was a casual when it probably wasn’t.

Shift 2

You couldn't possibly be out of hours driving by Thursday unless you're talking about your guarantee. With 13.5 hours of possible driving (with a 30 minute meal,) that still puts you at only 54 hours by the end of Thursday.
Does meal count against you drive time or on duty time. For example can you physically work 60 hrs a week and still take a 1 hr meal everyday without violating?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
:censored2: your numbers
Most feeders don’t care about pull times and such but there are a few out there that do and it’s pretty sad seeing a 30 year employee running around like a chump…in feeders it’s noticeable, especially in the yard. I like to take an extra amount to time doing a good pre-trip on a dolly or trailer if I know these types of guys are waiting on me to move.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Most feeders don’t care about pull times and such but there are a few out there that do and it’s pretty sad seeing a 30 year employee running around like a chump…in feeders it’s noticeable, especially in the yard. I like to take an extra amount to time doing a good pre-trip on a dolly or trailer if I know these types of guys are waiting on me to move.
Holy :censored2: after 90 days of CPAP I guess I'll have it made.