Cell phones/ tips and tricks

DS

Fenderbender
I just bought a new phone and I'm hoping I'm not alone.
Any and all advice accepted.
It's a google samsung galaxy nexus s android

brown bomber

brown bomber
I have a cell-phone, and that's all that it is.....don't want internet, don't want the games and toys,...just want to be in contact w/ family and friends, when I'm not home, after-all it's still called a cell PHONE

DS

Fenderbender
it's a phone......why all the stress ??
Dude,I'm not stressed,I just want to learn.This thing is faster than my home computer.
We went on a road trip today to an unfamiliar town and the GPS told us how to get there.
You guys are stuck in the past,this new technology is amazing,If you decide to ignore it ,that's your choice.

I love my iPhone. You wouldn't believe the stuff you can do with a smart phone. I'm technologically disadvantaged and I figured it out. The apps I've found that make my day to day chores easier are unbelievable. Have fun and use the technical support that you get when you bought the phone.

P

pickup

Dude,I'm not stressed,I just want to learn.This thing is faster than my home computer.
We went on a road trip today to an unfamiliar town and the GPS told us how to get there.
You guys are stuck in the past,this new technology is amazing,If you decide to ignore it ,that's your choice.

That GPS also told THEM where you were.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I have an android Evo 4G .GPS apps ,e-mail, are great. Get Pandora build your on play list of music.Better than Serius.Get the BROWN CAFE APP. That way you can reply to threads on the go. Like at a red light when in traffic LOL

over9five

Staff member
I have an android Evo 4G .GPS apps ,e-mail, are great. Get Pandora build your on play list of music.Better than Serius.Get the BROWN CAFE APP. That way you can reply to threads on the go. Like at a red light when in traffic LOL
Why do you wait for a red light to reply?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Could it be that there are those of us who do not wish to spend life leashed to their cell phones? My son has an iPhone 4S and loves it. I have to admit that Siri is pretty cool. He forwards his personal and academic e-mail to his phone, has a ton of pictures on there--in short his life is on his iPhone.

I don't need a shopping list app--I have pen and paper.

I don't need GPS--I got divorced as I was tired of a woman telling me where to go.

The last thing I need is another means to access Brown Cafe.

I have a Samsung Convoy. It makes and receives phone calls, texts and pictures. I don't worry about it getting damaged at work.

I am sure that I may eventually get a smart phone but until then I am content with my basic phone.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Could it be that there are those of us who do not wish to spend life leashed to their cell phones? My son has an iPhone 4S and loves it. I have to admit that Siri is pretty cool. He forwards his personal and academic e-mail to his phone, has a ton of pictures on there--in short his life is on his iPhone.

I don't need a shopping list app--I have pen and paper.

I don't need GPS--I got divorced as I was tired of a woman telling me where to go.

The last thing I need is another means to access Brown Cafe.

I have a Samsung Convoy. It makes and receives phone calls, texts and pictures. I don't worry about it getting damaged at work.

I am sure that I may eventually get a smart phone but until then I am content with my basic phone.

BUT, you still have a cell phone !!!
I like paying just $20 a month for my AT&T service. When I leave my house, you'll just have to leave a message.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BUT, you still have a cell phone !!!
I like paying just $20 a month for my AT&T service. When I leave my house, you'll just have to leave a message.

I dropped my landline as I do not qualify for the elderly lifeline service, saving $40/month. My cell phone is my only phone but I am not tethered to it. It sits in the holster clipped to my drink holder while I am working and on my end table when I am home. Besides, as Bubbles said, no one ever calls me anyway.

over9five

Staff member
Also, damn near any app you download requires permission to use the location service on the phone.

This includes the Brown Cafe app.

The Brown Cafe app can also use your phone to take pictures and videos anytime it wants. Don't stand naked in front of it.

Just sayin....