cell phones

DS

Fenderbender
I took the big step and bought 2 cellphones last Saturday for my wife and I.
Went with a new company called wind mobile.
Stevetheupsguy is officially the only one in the world without one.
I see what upstate meant ,it makes life easier.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife told me yesterday that we have 4,000 left over minutes availible. Needless to say -we don't spend a lot of time yaking on our phones.:happy2:

over9five

Staff member
I took the big step and bought 2 cellphones last Saturday for my wife and I.
Went with a new company called wind mobile.
Stevetheupsguy is officially the only one in the world without one.
I see what upstate meant ,it makes life easier.

Now save some big money and cancel your landline!

(Provided your cells work at your home)

bigbrownhen

Welcome to the modern era DS, now the next step is learning to text...if they would make the keypad look like a diad, I could text as fast as my kids.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm with Steve, I still don't have one and am sick of saying "pardon me" to people walking by me and talking away!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm with Steve, I still don't have one and am sick of saying "pardon me" to people walking by me and talking away!
Life is sooo difficult for the cell phone challenged. I don't know how you make it through the day, you poor thing :wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Life is sooo difficult for the cell phone challenged. I don't know how you make it through the day, you poor thing :wink2:

You hit the nail right on the head.....I am cell phone challenged! The buttons are so small, with my big fingers I'd be calling Alaska when I was dialing Hawaii!!

Hubby has one and I've been passed the phone by him because maybe my daughter was calling when we were out of town. They are so small that I have a tough time positioning it on my ear so I can hear.....and the mouthpiece is nowhere near the mouth.

They just aren't anatomically correct for me. Now, years ago, when I was in real estate I had the old "brick" Motorola cell. At least those were made to fit your ears and mouth, but lugging them around was hard. Everybody I knew had super large purses.

Not keeping up by choice,
Moreluck

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I had one of those old Motorolas, the battery life was only about 20-30 minutes so you had to keep it turned off and only use it for emergencies. I think Cellular One was the carrier. Remember the bag phones?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had one of those old Motorolas, the battery life was only about 20-30 minutes so you had to keep it turned off and only use it for emergencies. I think Cellular One was the carrier. Remember the bag phones?

OMG! Yes, I had one. LMAO

fxdwg

Long Time Member
You hit the nail right on the head.....I am cell phone challenged! The buttons are so small, with my big fingers I'd be calling Alaska when I was dialing Hawaii!!

More;
I saw this Reader's Digest in "Large Print". Perhaps some clever BC person can post a Large Print cell phone photo for you to evaluate:wink2:

DS

Fenderbender
my cell is made by some Chinese company who are we?
[video=youtube;z0Ra7aHiZlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Ra7aHiZlQ[/video]

rod

Retired 22 years
The bag phones were big and awkward but at least you could count on them to pick up a signal - unlike the mini phones of today

moreluck

golden ticket member
More;
I saw this Reader's Digest in "Large Print". Perhaps some clever BC person can post a Large Print cell phone photo for you to evaluate:wink2:[/QUOTE]

It's not the print size, I can see the numbers just fine......It's the size of the teeny tiny buttons.....if I go to push one, I push the buttons on either side of the one I want. Remember when Jerry Seinfeld dated the woman with the man-hands? Kind of like that.