Center instructed to ignore DIAD training

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by wornoutupser, Jul 19, 2012.

1. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

Our center did the DIAD training for damage packages that taught us to sheet them as missed. Our center manager then instructed all of us to ignore the training because he did not agree with it! He still wants us to sheet them as NI1 customer refused. Why does Atlanta allow this?

2. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

A missed package shows on a bad report.... NI shows as a send again but is not a bad report necessarily...lol..... Your center manager doesnt want to show up on the no no list

3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

We were told to sheet damages as "Refused" before this training, which was just plain dishonest. I had three times where I was called because the consignee was tracking their packages and were mad that they showed as Refused. Showing them now as "Missed" is a step in the right direction, too bad we don't have the option of recording them as "Held For Inspection", or something like that. My Center always changes when we have new DIAD Training, I'm surprised that your center manager thinks that he is above Corporate Policy.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I don't agree with sheeting them as missed either I think they should be sheeted as damaged but it's their world I just live in it. I'll work as instructed til the day I retire.

5. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

We were told this morning to sheet them as NI1 now since when sheeted as missed the clerks were just throwing them back on the belt without inspecting for damages and then going back out for delivery again the next day. Not sure what this changes but they are hoping the problem will be fixed.

6. tourists24

I dont think missed is accurate either but they refuse to let us sheet it accurately as "damaged".... so missed would be the next most accurate

7. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

If you sheet them as damaged it automatically starts the processes of pay for the damaged item. The item might not be damaged it might just need to be re-boxed, or it might only be partially damaged where the undamaged portion would get re-boxed. Once the process is started to issue a refund it isn't so simple to stop. What happen when you sheet it as Ni1 and the person was home all day same go for refused... Missed means you didn't deliver the package for what ever reason (weather, damaged, a miss-load, or some else ) the package didn't get delivered.

8. tourists24

but it shows on the bad boy report as missed and we cant have that....lol

9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

They don't want you to sheet it as damaged because if it is actually not damaged the shipper thinks it is. Missed is appropriate because it's not being attempted on the scheduled day. Many will try to fudge their way around it and once again Atlanta will have a rose colored picture of what really goes on.

10. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

we sheet them as future, pending an examination by our clerks

11. tourists24

how is this explained to a customer that is tracking their shipment when they call in?

12. Brownslave688

I think scratch said it best why not put an option in the board "hold for inspection"

13. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

We have been sheeting them as missed for years. The package didn't make service because we did not service our commitment. So in essence it's missed. It's not that hard its their company we just work here.

14. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

There is an inspection option in the other screen

15. SlowRide80k

SlowRide80k My other one is Red Tag'd

We have been told to disregard the training as well and not sheet as missed.

16. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

so you're paid to receive training and then told to disregard.....I'm sure UPS stockholders would love to know of this blatant waste of money

17. Brownslave688

I always get paid for my training but I wonder how many drivers do their training on lunch break.

18. nocturnalbuck

nocturnalbuck Member

the very day we had the training, i had a package that was crushed. the training said "if in doubt, don't take it out" meaning do not attempt to deliver. so, i brought it back and sheeted it as missed..the next day our supe said we must call in every suspected damaged package. he was almost in panic mode like they never saw the training.

19. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

i explain that it's just a generic exception to signify it needs examination

while sheeting damaged packages as future is pretty stupid, the insurance bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: (between on-road/in-center sheeting) that drives UPS to do so is even more contemptible

i'm content with the matter being above my paygrade to decide

20. dumbdriver

dumbdriver New Member

If he doesn't want you to do it the right way...
    Even more the reason to do it the right way :)