Well-Known Troll
Troll
6a00d8347384cc69e20120a69d7aa4970c-800wi

509808005v1_150x150_Front_Color-default.jpg
images

83b89cca-f26a-46a0-80a3-ef905f87fab3.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
NEW YORK — Gov. Chris Christie said the country is becoming a "paternalistic entitlement society" this morning in a speech at a conservative conference headed by former President George W. Bush.

Addressing Bush and other national Republicans, Christie said he hasn't seen a less optimistic period in the country in his lifetime.

"Government's telling them stop dreaming, stop striving, we'll take care of you," he said at a theater at the New York Historical Society. "We're turning into a paternalistic entitlement society. That will not just bankrupt us financially, it will bankrupt us morally."

"We'll have a bunch of people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check," Christie said.

wkmac

NEW YORK — Gov. Chris Christie said the country is becoming a "paternalistic entitlement society" this morning in a speech at a conservative conference headed by former President George W. Bush.

Addressing Bush and other national Republicans, Christie said he hasn't seen a less optimistic period in the country in his lifetime.

"Government's telling them stop dreaming, stop striving, we'll take care of you," he said at a theater at the New York Historical Society. "We're turning into a paternalistic entitlement society. That will not just bankrupt us financially, it will bankrupt us morally."

"We'll have a bunch of people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check," Christie said.

I'm truly impressed in Gov. Christie and he shows real potential in the future for higher office just on the grounds he was able to say that in the setting he did and with a straight face too!

Yep, he'll go far.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Both Chris Christie and Barack Obama set aside politics to work together for the good of those affected by the storm. I watched part of a news conference in which Christie was asked what effect Sandy would have on the election. Christie showed great restraint in his response when he stated that politics were the furthest thing from his mind and that the election would gone on without him. I think what he really wanted to do was smack the reporter who asked such a stupid question.

To say that Christie doing the right thing for his constituents by working with Obama will negatively impact Romney is ridiculous.

On the other hand, I think that Obama's swift response to the disaster will be on the minds of voters on Tuesday when they re-elect him.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Both Chris Christie and Barack Obama set aside politics to work together for the good of those affected by the storm. I watched part of a news conference in which Christie was asked what effect Sandy would have on the election. Christie showed great restraint in his response when he stated that politics were the furthest thing from his mind and that the election would gone on without him. I think what he really wanted to do was smack the reporter who asked such a stupid question.

To say that Christie doing the right thing for his constituents by working with Obama will negatively impact Romney is ridiculous.

On the other hand, I think that Obama's swift response to the disaster will be on the minds of voters on Tuesday when they re-elect him.
We all know that Christie's job is loyalty to his people.......that's not in question. It's mostly about his demeanor with Obama. You can work with the president and the gov't assistance he can offer, but maintain your dignity and get your puppy nose out of his butt!

It's all about his puppy dog ways around the pres. He failed to maintain his dignity and acted like a begging little kid.

Talk to the ones without power still and no food and have yet to see a FEMA peson.....talk to them about swift responses by the pres. Oh, it'll affct voting, only not in a good way for Obama.

Nimnim

The Nim
Moreluck, I'm sure there's at least 1 mod that would enforce it.
f529a952.gif

Now get this thread back on track.

Yes Christie will suffer if the feds don't come up with huge support quickly, time is almost out for it to work, and Obama will also suffer since he promised to cut the red tape.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Moreluck, I'm sure there's at least 1 mod that would enforce it.
f529a952.gif

Now get this thread back on track.

Yes Christie will suffer if the feds don't come up with huge support quickly, time is almost out for it to work, and Obama will also suffer since he promised to cut the red tape.
It's too late for it to hurt Obama, he's already back in the WH smoking a big cigar and laughing.