Christmas eve 2016

In2Deep?

I'll be doing the same as I did last year the Friday after Thanksgiving ...calling in. Yes its a holiday and management will be setting plenty of fires for us drivers to put out like they do daily but at the end of the day it is still only one occurance.

Box Ox

Off before 5 is the norm for every peak iv been through. .

Though we are a small center

Nice. That's about the time drivers are picking up their second load from the shuttles where I am. Although last year wasn't bad. Which means UPS "overspent" and we'll be back to the usual this year.

vvv

Veteran driver here and have been sparingly on this site over the years and figured to log in finally and post a comment.

You guys are soft and a bunch of pusillanimous worrying about this crap. Grow some stones and pickup the phone that morning and CALL IN!!

Talking about getting off early perhaps by the late afternoon to be with your families.....?? That still sucks!!
Take the whole damn day to be with them. I haven't worked a Christmas Eve in probably 10 years......and I will never do so again until I decide to walk away from this dump of a company.

When has this company ever showed you and your family an ounce of respect trying to work you to the bone and having you arrive home after your young kids are already sleeping when you walk in??

And you wonder how I get away with this :censored2:.....because as the name states I do it all BY THE BOOK!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Veteran driver here and have been sparingly on this site over the years and figured to log in finally and post a comment.

You guys are soft and a bunch of pusillanimous worrying about this crap. Grow some stones and pickup the phone that morning and CALL IN!!

Talking about getting off early perhaps by the late afternoon to be with your families.....?? That still sucks!!
Take the whole damn day to be with them. I haven't worked a Christmas Eve in probably 10 years......and I will never do so again until I decide to walk away from this dump of a company.

When has this company ever showed you and your family an ounce of respect trying to work you to the bone and having you arrive home after your young kids are already sleeping when you walk in??

And you wonder how I get away with this :censored2:.....because as the name states I do it all BY THE BOOK!!

Please show us the chapter in that book which covers screwing over your co-workers.

In2Deep?

Please show us the chapter in that book which covers screwing over your co-workers.
You can't look at it like that. In fact that is exactly what management wants to hear from us. My old center was very militarized and management was very manipulative. They would actively try to create rifts between the drivers(divide and conquer) blaming so and so for YOURE 10 hour day when it had nothing to do with the other driver putting in an 8 hour request and everything to do with them cutting cars.

Unless your entire center is actively filing grievances and 8 hour requests then It is every man for themselves. If you're not taking the steps to help yourself dont expect me to do it for you.

vvv

Too funny Upstate.....and trust me in that I heard that before. But if you don't have the nerve/nuts to pick up the phone that morning that's on you. You go in that day knowingly prepped to be hammered and still be out delivering to peoples houses as they sit down for dinner with their friends and family.
I don't take that chance anymore.....I'm the one who wants to be doing that and enjoying life.
This company does not exert control and fear over me.......I flipped that onto them long ago.
Pretty much to a degree have my own set of rules there. But that comes with sticking my neck out and putting up with quite a bit over time thru the years.
Now I garner a good share of respect from drivers and management alike.

vvv

Oh....and about the book comment Upstate..... that I find amusing. As the way I conduct myself over there many drivers laugh and say "you should write a book on how to be a driver".
Good for you......you catch on fast in some respects.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Too funny Upstate.....and trust me in that I heard that before. But if you don't have the nerve/nuts to pick up the phone that morning that's on you. You go in that day knowingly prepped to be hammered and still be out delivering to peoples houses as they sit down for dinner with their friends and family.
I don't take that chance anymore.....I'm the one who wants to be doing that and enjoying life.
This company does not exert control and fear over me.......I flipped that onto them long ago.
Pretty much to a degree have my own set of rules there. But that comes with sticking my neck out and putting up with quite a bit over time thru the years.

And people call me a Me-ster ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Say what ??

cnnyw.jpg

I like this guy already.

Now we're talking....

As the way I conduct myself over there many drivers laugh and say "you should write a book on how to be a driver".

I have said (for many years);

Don't live beyond your means, and then flaunt it.

If you do.... UPS will exploit it.

Running your mouth to the company, is what they want.

(in other words) STFU.

-Bug-