Clocking out B4 washing hands...

LiL"Comet"

STARTING MONDAY !!!!!! YOU will clock out before you use the restrooms,armed guard at restroom will be there to verify this!! also you will pay a 1$ fee to go into the said restroom, and a 50ct. fee for use of hand towels or 1.00$ per sq foot of toilet paper!!! a 10 ct fee to turn on water and 15 to flush or use hot water!!!! ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THE UNITED WAY !!properly will be instant warning letter !!!![/quote!! THANK YOU YOUR CENTER TEAM!!!!!! also please be aware of your power zone while in the stall, failure to flush ]

Don't Flatter yourselves can't be that big or is so small that you miscalculated the weight & might pull a muscle.. LOL :rofl:

I'm sorry simply could not resist that!!

It was the evil LiL"Comet":devil3: :wink2:

squirlygirly

How did i not handle someone elses opinion?

Just in my exp Ive had hourlies say im going to wash my hands real quick and meet up with you after...I head up to my office drop my stuff off come back to where i was to meet them (bout 10 min round trip) theyre not there, i walk into the restroom and theyre sitting playing with their cell phone.

What exactly do you do for UPS that you have an "office"? And remember now, keep in mind and don't you forget I am only a noob to this forum, not to this company:wornout:.

tieguy

Banned
when you get 3 steps from the clock
grab your stomach with one hand and your behind with the other.

turn around and run up the stairs, into the bathroom, into a stall and sit there for 15 minutes periodically groaning.

then wash your hands and go punch out.

Are you telling him to do this every day?

Its been interesting to see some of the responses on this thread. Some people actually think they should be paid to go to the bathroom. Dannys post actually does provide a concrete example where you should be paid to stay clean when dealing with the public. Otherwise you have no right to expect UPS to pay you for washing up in the bathroom. Any of these conived events as listed above could get you questioned about stealing time. Any efforts to circumvent supervisors instructions could cost you your job. Is it really worth it?

Nitelite

I always wash up before clocking out. I don't take a single bathroom break while we are working, so they can pay me to wash my hands afterwards. Also, the gloves UPS supplies makes your hand smell like ass in short order. Sorry, but they can afford the 2 minutes it takes me to wash up.

gandydancer

...I don't believe the california laws state what was said earlier. Be interested in seeing the language if someone wants to post it.

"Allowing employees to use toilet facilities during working hours does not meet the employer's obligation to provide rest periods as required by the IWC Orders. This is not to say, of course, that employers do not have the right to reasonably limit the amount of time an employee may be absent from his or her work station; and, it does not indicate that an employee who chooses to use the toilet facilities while on an authorized break may extend the break time by doing so. DLSE policy simply prohibits an employer from requiring that employees count any separate use of toilet facilities as a rest period." http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/faq_restperiods.htm

You don't need to clock out to go to the bathroom, and you can't be prevented from washing before and after, but maybe not up to the elbows. In California, anyway.

gandydancer

...please give us the law you quoted when you silenced that big man from corp with your clever knowledge of the legal system there in california?

until then, you work as instructed, and punch out when instructed.

I've got 20 years in next month, and still load one shift. Often I hold my water until I'm done, then hit the bathroom before I clock out. Any supe telling me to hit the clock before the urinal will be ignored if my bladder pressure is uncomfortable, except insofar as I will make a point in the future of having a very low tolerance for that kind of discomfort, finishing the job ASAP be damned. And I'll find other ways to make their job harder. Article 44, Section 2, last sentence, is a good one, just to start with. Clock chislers may be a problem, but any supe who treats me like one will get an extended lesson in just how unproductive it is to start a pissing contest.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I can't tell you how many times I wash my hands daily at work.. and arms, and legs and face at times. I'm a new Feeder driver, still can't believe where some of that grease ends up.

Rookie stripes :wink2:. I had them a lot in my first year. I basically ruined all of my uniforms that first year. Now I hardly ever get them. The only part of me that gets dirty now is my gloves, which I highly recommend wearing.

Also, watch if you wear your work shoes home. That grease might be in your treads and what fun that is to get out of carpet!

As for this discussion, I agree with the get dirty on their time, clean up on their time philosophy. But if you are ball busted about it I would work as directed. As others have said, there are other issues far more worthy of drawing a line in the sand for.

trickpony1

gandydancer-
keep holding your water until you are done working and you'll be visiting the clinic for dialysis on your way home.
Holding your water causes the urine to back up into the kidneys which is not good.
I'm sure the company appreciates your efforts but where are they gonna be when your kidneys go out?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
gandy

that "law" you quoted is for when you are on the clock working. it is only common sense that while you are working, you are able to take bathroom breaks as need.

but the actual question is when your shift is over, do you have a right to wash up on the employers time. and the answer to that is no. and your quote affirms that, and you are mudding the waters with your post.

further more, as an employee of 20 years part time? and you still dont know how the game is played? you really that stupid to get into a pissing contest about pissing?

d

brownrodster

until then, you work as instructed, and punch out when instructed.

Actually, if it's a legitimate safety issue you can pretty much tell these managers to friend themselves. I will not follow any instructions that are unsafe, illegal, or dishonest. It is not safe to not go to the bathroom. Especially since UPS is always telling us to drink more fluids. I think someone should call OSHA regarding this one.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Article 44, Section 2, last sentence, is a good one, just to start with. Clock chislers may be a problem, but any supe who treats me like one will get an extended lesson in just how unproductive it is to start a pissing contest.
OMG!!!!!!! I admit I had to look it up. OMG is that funny. I am LMFAO.:rofl:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
gandydancer-
keep holding your water until you are done working and you'll be visiting the clinic for dialysis on your way home.
Holding your water causes the urine to back up into the kidneys which is not good.
I'm sure the company appreciates your efforts but where are they gonna be when your kidneys go out?
It also causes kidney stones, and I for one have BTDT. NOT FUN!!

squirlygirly

supervise?

Having a "?" after the word "supervise", leads me to believe you are questioning your "authooritie".

BTW, I'm really not trying to be a "stir-stick" on this forum, because in the near future I will have other issues, big and small, to bring to the table here.

Right now, I'm just floored that my first posting, as menial as it is, has had such a response, especially when every one of the suggestions, opinions, do's & dont's are right in their own way. :its_all_good: