Coming up on 1 year.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by sly, Oct 30, 2015.

1. sly

sly New Member

In a few weeks I will hit my one year mark. I have a question about vacation. Do I sign up for it or do I just need to tell my supervisor the week I want? I am a part time package handler. Also how does the pay work for vacation?
  2. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

Ask your sup in writing. Remind your sup two weeks and one week prior. You get 4 hours pay.
  3. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

Per day .
  4. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

Always make sure you get it in writing.....sups can mysteriously forget about your "vacation"
  5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Per account name. Hi @root
  6. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Yeah can you believe we can't remember the exact week everybody is off? Crazy right!
  7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

In my building we get two weeks vacation after one year. Your sup or manager should have a calendar with the open weeks left for the year. You will receive a 20 hour vacation check and a 25 hour optional week check. You could choose to work your option week.
  8. Whywereoff

Whywereoff New Member

Our contract (Local 533) (Council 7)stips that option weeks are 20 hours and vacations are averaged hours of past 3 weeks.
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It happens.
  10. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Did you get Grand Daughter a costume for halloween?
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

My daughter took care of that.
  12. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Those where the fun days with kids....what did she get her?
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

I haven't seen it yet. I am sure it was home made. I was hoping to drive down there today but am not feeling well so she will send me pictures.
  14. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Sorry....whats wrong?
  15. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

No one is expecting you to commit it to memory, but I would expect the person that sets up the schedule to actually keep some type of calendar or reminder because that really shows a lack of planning.
  16. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

Yes. Four hours pay per day, and even one reminder per day based on the above sup's admission of being unable to prepare a schedule. You can bet they remember when your two weeks notice is up.
  17. Zach00

Zach00 New Member

Is it after your 1 year. Mark or 90working days do u recieve 20.46 per hour ?
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

Just not feeling well and my daughter would rather not expose my granddaughter to it, which I fully understand.
  19. CaliforniaPaul

CaliforniaPaul Active Member

Its his "time of the month".
  20. UpstateNYUPSer

Actually, your wife didn't tell me about the open sores in her mouth and she gave me an STD.