Company Is Scared When They Start Offering To Purchase A Yes Vote!

muzzeroo

I work at the Louisville hub, along with several others who do not get tuition reimbursement or free housing and have waited as long as 30 minutes for a shuttle

muzzeroo

I work at the Louisville hub with several others who do not get tuition reimbursement or receive free housing and have waited as long as 30 minutes for a shuttle

Last edited:
Didn't Don CUMmings say the supplements that Sean O'Brien negotiated sucked? I guess not all of them CUM!
Are local (177) is asking a 30 cent contribution for each year out of are raises to go into are pension. The company is butting in $1.20 a year. We only have to put in 20%. It's a yes vote for me. The master is a no vote.

turdburglar

If you were already going to vote yes do you still get the $1000?
Now, what kind of silly question is that? Of course not! That would unnecessarily cut into the company's profits!

However, in all seriousness, the timing of this "shuttle incentive bonus" should raise some suspicion with the people who were going to vote "yes". I also heard that it was only for people who were eligible to vote on the contract, which makes it even more obvious what the company's true motives are.

BROWNHOG

The company would have no issue with a no vote or a strike. Its on the teamster leadership to get the deal sold. If the vote is no, hang on because all the teamsters got is UPS and Old Dominion and the last time I checked UPS ponied up 10 billion to keep the teamsters pensions going....agreed to 22,000 inside full time jobs....Bought a defunct Overnight express and bailed out that company with millions and and kept those 20000 jobs going by absorbing the company..etc etc ..etc..

Marshal

I've waited 45 minutes before for a shuttle, and most of the time all of them are packed where I'm faced against the glass window of the door. These shuttles do not have AC, not heat. They're not cleaned. It's disgusting and I smell most of the time pure *** sweat at the end of the night. Not all of my schooling is paid for, I've never heard of "Free Housing" ONCE. Our full-timers keep telling us we're going to get fired if we talk about the contract on company time, regardless of being on break. They're pulling lower people under 2 years in from the Hubb into their offices and telling them to vote "yes <-- Seriously?" I seriously spend at least 30-45 minutes a day on both shuttles, and that's on a fair day.That's over 2 hours+ MINIMUM week. When it rains and planes are backed up due to weather. Oh god.. I've been in there for an hour just sitting, smelling body oder, while in a hot musky tram. Feel the beads of sweat drip off you for that long, with 40+ people in one tram? It'll drive you mad. I know most of you full-timers don't give two Sh**s about us part-timers. But please seriously take time before you mark an X on that ballot.

I even have a guy on my crew that's considering picking up a third job to afford the new insurance if it passes, due to his daughter and son having severe medical problems. And he's been there since 2001, seeing his face comparing what we have now and the could future, was a dreaded sight.

I've been working on the ramp for over 3 years now. I don't care about a pay increasement, I just want my insurance to stay the same. Would I like a increase in pay? Sure! But not in the expense of losing this insurance.

Also to note: Last week they attempted to offer us in a speech one thousand dollars if we voted YES to the contract, and once it passed we'd receive it to pay for the issues of trams. Adding several new trams within over a years time. But the funny thing about the paper that was read off, we weren't allowed to read the paper, nor make copies. Because it was against "Company policy" I asked 3 Sups and 2 full-timers for the paper, even tried hunting for one in the Hubb, hoping a Sup would lay it down so I could snatch a copy. Screw the 1k bribe, that'll turn into $400-500 anyways with taxes. Our Local 89 replied to that the next day handing out "ASK FOR 5K!" papers. Haha. Bribing these kids with a so called 1k check in front of their face is so dirty...

Last edited:
A

anonymous6

I've waited 45 minutes before for a shuttle, and most of the time all of them are packed where I'm faced against the glass window of the door. These shuttles do not have AC, not heat. They're not cleaned. It's disgusting and I smell most of the time pure *** sweat at the end of the night. Not all of my schooling is paid for, I've never heard of "Free Housing" ONCE. Our full-timers keep telling us we're going to get fired if we talk about the contract on company time, regardless of being on break. They're pulling lower people under 2 years in from the Hubb into their offices and telling them to vote "yes <-- Seriously?" I seriously spend at least 30-45 minutes a day on both shuttles, and that's on a fair day.That's over 2 hours+ MINIMUM week. When it rains and planes are backed up due to weather. Oh god.. I've been in there for an hour just sitting, smelling body oder, while in a hot musky tram. Feel the beads of sweat drip off you for that long, with 40+ people in one tram? It'll drive you mad. I know most of you full-timers don't give two Sh**s about us part-timers. But please seriously take time before you mark an X on that ballot.

I even have a guy on my crew that's considering picking up a third job to afford the new insurance if it passes, due to his daughter and son having severe medical problems. And he's been there since 2001, seeing his face comparing what we have now and the could future, was a dreaded sight.

I've been working on the ramp for over 3 years now. I don't care about a pay increasement, I just want my insurance to stay the same. Would I like a increase in pay? Sure! But not in the expense of losing this insurance.

Also to note: Last week they attempted to offer us in a speech one thousand dollars if we voted YES to the contract, and once it passed we'd receive it to pay for the issues of trams. Adding several new trams within over a years time. But the funny thing about the paper that was read off, we weren't allowed to read the paper, nor make copies. Because it was against "Company policy" I asked 3 Sups and 2 full-timers for the paper, even tried hunting for one in the Hubb, hoping a Sup would lay it down so I could snatch a copy. Screw the 1k bribe, that'll turn into $400-500 anyways with taxes. Our Local 89 replied to that the next day handing out "ASK FOR 5K!" papers. Haha. Bribing these kids with a so called 1k check in front of their face is so dirty...

sounds like legal slavery

Ok, this has to stop. stink,407, and all the other yes voters. You think their is good stuff in this contract, but their is more bad then good. If voted no all that good stuff doesn't come off the table. They just have to put more good.

anonymous4

There are yes voters besides 407 and Stink? This is news to me. I thought everyone was having a good laugh at their expense at this point. We are all morons who can't realize the beauty that those two see in this TA.

stink219

There are yes voters besides 407 and Stink? This is news to me. I thought everyone was having a good laugh at their expense at this point. We are all morons who can't realize the beauty that those two see in this TA.
And we now agree on something. Don't believe that BC is the majority. Remember how many said sandy pope would be the IBT prez? LMFAO!!!