confederate flag?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Listen dum dum I live south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Family is from South Carolina. I am white as wonder bread, the civil war was mostly about slavery. The confederate flag was used by an army that killed Americans. Grow up.
Your family from South Carolina must be so proud............... How bout you grow a set Grow up , good one.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Sounds to me like he did.
I know right, it's so great today to put down your white upbringing and be ashamed of your heritage , try this, go to an all black area and see how well you are accepted, but keep telling them how you are sorry about slavery as they whoop your wonder bread white ass.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Listen dum dum I live south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Family is from South Carolina. I am white as wonder bread, the civil war was mostly about slavery. The confederate flag was used by an army that killed Americans. Grow up.
Really because the north invaded the south not vise versa. And it was simply a battle flag it was never the flag Of the confederate states of America.

Let's not get into facts like Lincoln could if cared less about the slaves. He said so many times. Free them or don't he didn't care. He just wanted to "keep the union together" aka the north didn't think they could survive without the worth.

While South Carolina may have seceded mostly based on slavery (highly debatable) the war itself was not fought over slavery. If it were Lincoln would of made the emancipation deceleration on day 1. Oh and all that did was free slaves in the south. The north still had slaves until the 13 amendment was passed in December of 1865. In fact Lee the leader of the south forces chose to free all of his slaves 3 years before the war ended. While most of the norths generals traveled with their personal slaves throughout the war. Like I said lets not talk fact though.

The whole flag debate is stupid there is no definition for what it stands for. It stands for what each individual makes it stand for.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
According to a Tuesday Suffolk University/USA Today survey, 70 percent of respondents said they do not want the federal government imposing a ban on the sale or manufacture of the Confederate flag.
According to Suffolk University, following Gov. Nikki Haley’s (R) calls for the Confederate flag to be removed from South Carolina’s Capitol grounds, 42 percent of Americans at large agreed — and 42 percent disagreed. When the questions was asked specifically to southerners, 49 percent of respondents said the flag “represents Southern history and heritage and is not racist.” Only “34 percent said it is racist and should be removed from official locations.”

Regarding federal action banning the sale or manufacture of the Confederate flag, 70 percent of respondents opposed it and 19 percent supported it.

The same survey found that only 38 percent of Americans believed the Charleston attack was a reflection of a larger problem of racism in America.

moreluck

golden ticket member
HOn3R0F.jpg

Sportello

Really because the north invaded the south not vise versa. And it was simply a battle flag it was never the flag Of the confederate states of America.

Let's not get into facts like Lincoln could if cared less about the slaves. He said so many times. Free them or don't he didn't care. He just wanted to "keep the union together" aka the north didn't think they could survive without the worth.

While South Carolina may have seceded mostly based on slavery (highly debatable) the war itself was not fought over slavery. If it were Lincoln would of made the emancipation deceleration on day 1. Oh and all that did was free slaves in the south. The north still had slaves until the 13 amendment was passed in December of 1865. In fact Lee the leader of the south forces chose to free all of his slaves 3 years before the war ended. While most of the norths generals traveled with their personal slaves throughout the war. Like I said lets not talk fact though.

The whole flag debate is stupid there is no definition for what it stands for. It stands for what each individual makes it stand for.
Wow. That is not even close to historically correct. Fort Sumter ring a bell?

You get this tripe from a chain e-mail?

BTW Robert E Lee (I assume that is who you are referring to), never owned slaves at all. That tells me your 'facts' are from a popular, but false, e-mail.

If I'm wrong, please list the sources for your imaginative retelling of the history of the Civil War.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Wow. That is not even close to historically correct. Fort Sumter ring a bell?

You get this tripe from a chain e-mail?

BTW Robert E Lee (I assume that is who you are referring to), never owned slaves at all. That tells me your 'facts' are from a popular, but false, e-mail.

If I'm wrong, please list the sources for your imaginative retelling of the history of the Civil War.
What if he told you it was straight from his great great grandfathers mouth???? Would that source satisfy you?

Sportello

What if he told you it was straight from his great great grandfathers mouth???? Would that source satisfy you?
Nope, it would just show his bias, and demonstrate the longevity of his family.

It appears as though there is a different version of history in the South. I prefer the factual, rather than the revisionist.

Coalminer2005

I don't understand this attack on the flag. Is this the flavor of the week. What's next. I propose they abolish the Democratic Party since they were tied to the flag and the relationship with slavery. Let's face it we have a two party system now liberal and conservative. Thoughts?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Nope, it would just show his bias, and demonstrate the longevity of his family.

It appears as though there is a different version of history in the South. I prefer the factual, rather than the revisionist.
By factual, you mean stuff like the slave holding Democrats withdrew from the union because they were worried about Lincoln taking their slaves away?

Is that the kind of factual history you are speaking of?

Last edited: