confederate flag?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nope, it would just show his bias, and demonstrate the longevity of his family.

It appears as though there is a different version of history in the South. I prefer the factual, rather than the revisionist.
Really it seems there's a different side of history? No way. You mean the winner of a war may possibly dictate the way the history of the war is told?

That's never happened ever before in the history of man kind.
image.jpg

Rainman

Its all good.
Like it or not, the Confederacy is a defeated enemy of the United States of America. In that light, states flying the Confederate flag seems highly unsavory. Also, whether the Civil War had much or little to do with slavery, the treatment of blacks after the war proved how entrenched slavery was and how the Confederacy resented black sovereignty. That remained for decades and, fair or not, is woven into the flag for many Americans.
Personally, I believe that the blacks we're treated the way they were by whites was because the whites felt so insignificant after losing the war and being economically depressed, they wanted to feel superior to someone to boost their ego. "We may be poor and ignorant, but not as bad as those black folk." Slavery was a big thing only for rich people. Then, like now, it's all about money and power. And the people with both pull the strings on the rest of us. If they keep is fighting amount ourselves, then we won't be fighting them.

Just the opinion of an ignorant southern man.