confederate flag?

rod

Retired 22 years
I do believe this is the first thread I ever started that has over a thousand posts. Maybe if everyone starts posting their good mornings and good nights here I can get it to over 100,000. :-)

moreluck

golden ticket member
D-Victory-600-LI.jpg

upschuck

I am all for Americans to have freedom as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of someone else. I would also like to know what I am getting into before I get in too deep. If that be a flag, or a sign that says, "I hate you and may kill you, but welcome to my house", so be it. I like to know who I am dealing with.

Taking the flag down does not change a single thing inside a person, if that person flew it because of hatred, it may, in fact, deepen that hate.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I am all for Americans to have freedom as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of someone else. I would also like to know what I am getting into before I get in too deep. If that be a flag, or a sign that says, "I hate you and may kill you, but welcome to my house", so be it. I like to know who I am dealing with.

Taking the flag down does not change a single thing inside a person, if that person flew it because of hatred, it may, in fact, deepen that hate.

Indeed. Also, people who had never given much thought to the Confederate flag (like myself) are now involved in this fight, and are choosing sides on am issue that we honestly don't care too much about.

I'm not gonna lie, when I was in high school, we had the farmers who'd bring their trucks to school and several of them had the stars and bars. I thought it was racist and stupid to have. As I've aged, however I've changed my position on that.

Does it offend people? Yes

Does me not loving gay people offend people? Yes.

Does Lady bruce jenner offend people? Yes.

Just because you get offended and riled up, doesn't make your position the correct one.