confederate flag?

rod

Retired 22 years
We don't get too many Confederate flags flying around here but there was a pickup full of rednecks sporting two of them (3 X 5 flags) at the races this weekend. Now if they would have been flying Green Bay Packer flags they would have been in trouble.

moreluck

golden ticket member
196457.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
VA Drivers Refusing to Return Confederate License Plates

Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, decided to get rid of license plates containing the Confederate flag altogether and informed those with such license plates that they had until October to hand the license plates over to the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Those found driving with the plates will be charged with a misdemeanor.

The DMV stated that just 187 Virginians had returned their license plates out of 1,600 who had received a recall notice.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
VA Drivers Refusing to Return Confederate License Plates

Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, decided to get rid of license plates containing the Confederate flag altogether and informed those with such license plates that they had until October to hand the license plates over to the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Those found driving with the plates will be charged with a misdemeanor.

The DMV stated that just 187 Virginians had returned their license plates out of 1,600 who had received a recall notice.
I paid for it! YOU sold it to me! Go :censored3: yourself!

rod

Retired 22 years
After visiting Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky and a part of North Carolina in the last few weeks I can vouch for the fact that the Confederate flag is still alive and being flown proudly.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I paid for it! YOU sold it to me! Go :censored3: yourself!
I'm pretty sure that their argument is that you don't actually own the plates they belong to the state and therefore anything printed on those plates constitutes governmental speech or something like that. They already won this issue at the Supreme Court so it's probably a done deal.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I'm pretty sure that their argument is that you don't actually own the plates they belong to the state and therefore anything printed on those plates constitutes governmental speech or something like that. They already won this issue at the Supreme Court so it's probably a done deal.
Will refunds plus a self-imposed penalty be issued back to the purchaser in good faith? I mean they profited by the sale of these special plates.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If I had some of those plates I would say I "lost them" and then pay whatever fine to get some new plates. There were only 1600 issued in Virgina so they might be worth something down the road.