confederate flag?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Perhaps for them the two are inseparable.
I choose to believe it's not hate, just ignorance.
I hear all the rhetoric about how "political correctness" is out of control, and I can't help but think, why wouldn't you want to know how other people feel? When did empathy become a bad thing?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I hear all the rhetoric about how "political correctness" is out of control, and I can't help but think, why wouldn't you want to know how other people feel? When did empathy become a bad thing?
Empathy might be our most important human trait. If more people had more of it the would would be a much better place.

Rainman

Its all good.
Political correctness is not about hearing how others feel. It is simply a way that others control your speech and actions by branding any statement that does not agree with their particular ideology as incorrect and hate filled. Just another way that others attempt to control us, regardless of who "us" is.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Political correctness is not about hearing how others feel. It is simply a way that others control your speech and actions by branding any statement that does not agree with their particular ideology as incorrect and hate filled. Just another way that others attempt to control us, regardless of who "us" is.
Can you give an example?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
GA Business Replaces Confederate Flag with Nazi Flag to Spark ‘Discussion’

The owner of a Macon, Georgia, business said that he wanted to start a “community conversation” by flying first the Confederate and then a Nazi war flag in front of his business to show that they were “just” flags.
Last week, Anthony Harris, owner of an art store called SEVEN on Second, hung the Confederate flag in front of his store but, this week, replaced it with the Nazi Naval flag, the Kriegsmarine. For a time, he also flew a flag featuring the Celtic Cross that had been co-opted by skinheads.

Harris told the local TV news that he wanted to start a conversation in the city.

THIS WEEK’S FLAG: The Kriegsmarine, or Nazi Germany Naval flag. I do expect this flag to cause an uproar. If you are one of those that feels the need to vent your anger keep in mind that the swastika was originally a Hindu symbol that meant “Good luck”. Hitler stole it. Just as a bunch or redneck racists stole the Confederate flag. Also, keep in mind that my Grandfather, Walter Meyer, fought for and died under the German regime in World War II. If you can honor your dead relatives that were veterans, I can honor mine. But most of all, remember that it is just a flag. So quit stressing yourself out. Have a great week.