Confused!

brownies

How does Seniority work for Saturday’s ? No one seems to know much where I work. I’m second to last on seniority list. I keep getting scheduled to work Saturday’s just air we don’t deliver ground Saturday’s. I don’t even know if that matters. Anyways every week I ask another guy to work who wants to work them and I don’t. I ask my sup why he doesn’t just schedule him instead and he says well I have to pay him time and a half. Shouldn’t the most senior employees get the choice to work first before a lower seniority person such as myself ? Everyone else but me makes time and a half that is working Saturday’s unless I get a Monday in. I don’t want to work them unless I absolutely HAVE to. There seems to be a lot of confused people and confusing rules. I see all this talk about Tuesday through Saturday drivers and part time and full time drivers. How do I know what I am ? I am on call every day. I usually work Tuesday-Friday depending on volume sometimes Monday’s. Am I considered part time because I don’t work full time ? No one seems to know how to answer my questions in my center. If I was one spot up I would be working m-friend every week. I am just so confused why I get scheduled every week for Saturday’s but the highest seniority driver always ends up doing them because he wants to. So Instead of me asking him every week if he wants to do it shouldn’t he be the one getting scheduled to do it ? How about schedule him and the weeks he doesn’t want to do it which would be never I’ll work it. The only time it’s worth it for me to work Saturday’s is the weeks I get called in on Monday’s. Also what are the rules for being on call? My sup said I have to be available a half hour after start time m-friend. When there’s no vacations going on in usually at the mercy of sick calls. It all seems stupid to me. Shouldn’t someone have to call In sick before a certain time ? You have a half hour after start time to call in ? I have literally been called on the 29th minute due to a sick call. I am willing to put in the time and do what I must, but I would at least like to know some basic rules in the process and how things work. The person below me doesn’t ever get put on the schedule for Saturday’s either. So somewhere this is wrong haha. One way or the other something is wrong, every person working Saturday’s is happy to be doing so as crazy as that sounds and the lowest seniority and highest seniority drivers both want to do it but neither of them get scheduled WHY AM I?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We don’t have Saturday ground either, and are running short on air drivers. They put up a bid list every week for Saturday volunteers. If they don’t get enough names, they force from the bottom. Is there a list being posted in your building?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How does Seniority work for Saturday’s ? No one seems to know much where I work. I’m second to last on seniority list. I keep getting scheduled to work Saturday’s just air we don’t deliver ground Saturday’s. I don’t even know if that matters. Anyways every week I ask another guy to work who wants to work them and I don’t. I ask my sup why he doesn’t just schedule him instead and he says well I have to pay him time and a half. Shouldn’t the most senior employees get the choice to work first before a lower seniority person such as myself ? Everyone else but me makes time and a half that is working Saturday’s unless I get a Monday in. I don’t want to work them unless I absolutely HAVE to. There seems to be a lot of confused people and confusing rules. I see all this talk about Tuesday through Saturday drivers and part time and full time drivers. How do I know what I am ? I am on call every day. I usually work Tuesday-Friday depending on volume sometimes Monday’s. Am I considered part time because I don’t work full time ? No one seems to know how to answer my questions in my center. If I was one spot up I would be working m-friend every week. I am just so confused why I get scheduled every week for Saturday’s but the highest seniority driver always ends up doing them because he wants to. So Instead of me asking him every week if he wants to do it shouldn’t he be the one getting scheduled to do it ? How about schedule him and the weeks he doesn’t want to do it which would be never I’ll work it. The only time it’s worth it for me to work Saturday’s is the weeks I get called in on Monday’s. Also what are the rules for being on call? My sup said I have to be available a half hour after start time m-friend. When there’s no vacations going on in usually at the mercy of sick calls. It all seems stupid to me. Shouldn’t someone have to call In sick before a certain time ? You have a half hour after start time to call in ? I have literally been called on the 29th minute due to a sick call. I am willing to put in the time and do what I must, but I would at least like to know some basic rules in the process and how things work. The person below me doesn’t ever get put on the schedule for Saturday’s either. So somewhere this is wrong haha. One way or the other something is wrong, every person working Saturday’s is happy to be doing so as crazy as that sounds and the lowest seniority and highest seniority drivers both want to do it but neither of them get scheduled WHY AM I?

TLDR
But it seems like what you mostly need is a big hug

brownies

I'm not reading that whole wall of txt.

You have to work them. You're a T-S worker. The others are M-friend.
If I am a Tuesday -Saturday worker why do I work Monday’s ? Does it mean I don’t have to go In Monday’s anymore lol? So what you mean to say is I am a Monday through Saturday worker. That never actually works Saturday’s , just gets scheduled for them only for the most senior driver to work them anyway.

brownies

We don’t have Saturday ground either, and are running short on air drivers. They put up a bid list every week for Saturday volunteers. If they don’t get enough names, they force from the bottom. Is there a list being posted in your building?
Negative, that is almost comical.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If I am a Tuesday -Saturday worker why do I work Monday’s ? Does it mean I don’t have to go In Monday’s anymore lol? So what you mean to say is I am a Monday through Saturday worker. That never actually works Saturday’s.m just gets scheduled for them only for the most senior driver to work them anyway.

You're still shtting out driver school chow and instead of arguing and being a dick, maybe you should tell the rest of us what your actual schedule is. Were you hired as M-friend or T-Sa?

brownies

Why not ask your steward

If you don’t know who that is you should find out
I have asked him, he’s been there for many years and he was not much help either and I’m not bashing him he has answered many questions and he’s a super nice guy. He’s kind of on his way out (retiring) and I don’t think he gives a you know what anymore

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have asked him, he’s been there for many years and he was not much help either and I’m not bashing him he has answered many questions and he’s a super nice guy. He’s kind of on his way out (retiring) and I don’t think he gives a you know what anymore

Call your local union office ask to speak to the business agent

brownies

You're still shtting out driver school chow and instead of arguing and being a dick, maybe you should tell the rest of us what your actual schedule is. Were you hired as M-friend or T-Sa?
Part of me asking this question is trying to find this out? No one told me anything of any such nature? What am I arguing about ? All I have done is ask questions lol

brownies

Part of me asking this question is trying to find this out? No one told me anything of any such nature? What am I arguing about ? All I have done is ask questions lol
I was hired as what I thought a ft driver who was on call ALOT until vacations started. I worked like August-January then was on call a lot but never got called in. Now since June vacations are 4 deep a week and I work pretty much m-friend but most weeks it’s tuesday-Friday. Next week I’m scheduled everyday not on call a single day. All I am is confused.

scooby0048

Are you :censored2: serious? You don't even know what your schedule is? How do you know when to report for work>? IS there not a piece of paper that tells you what days and AT WHAT TIME TO REPORT?

scooby0048

I was hired as what I thought a ft driver who was on call ALOT until vacations started. I worked like August-January then was on call a lot but never got called in. Now since June vacations are 4 deep a week and I work pretty much m-friend but most weeks it’s tuesday-Friday. Next week I’m scheduled everyday not on call a single day. All I am is confused.
Are you a qualified driver, a seasonal, or some kind of temp driver?

brownies

Call your local union office ask to speak to the business agent
Are you :censored2: serious? You don't even know what your schedule is? How do you know when to report for work>? IS there not a piece of paper that tells you what days and AT WHAT TIME TO REPORT?
mt schedule is whatever
Are you a qualified driver, a seasonal, or some kind of temp driver?
qualified, I started my packet last September and worked through until February. Then Like feb-jun I worked liked one day a week until vacations started being 4 deep a week.

scooby0048

FFS

You sound like a M_F driver who gets laid off on M. You work Saturdays because you did not get 5 punches in. You've been there almost a year and this is how much information you have?