congress

moreluck

golden ticket member
Idiot in congress.....

Democratic Rep. John Lewis (Ga.) wished a happy birthday to "Madame President Hillary Clinton" on Tuesday afternoon, even though Clinton is not actually president of the United States.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched a little bit of that hearing with Jeff Sessions this morning. What a waste of taxpayer money!
Everybody gets 5 minutes and those people won't quit babbling 'til their 5 mins is up. They start thanking everybody for being there and if there's a minute left it's like ...."Thank Jesus for creating me 67 years ago..." What a bunch of blowhards!!

oldngray

nowhere special
I watched a little bit of that hearing with Jeff Sessions this morning. What a waste of taxpayer money!
Everybody gets 5 minutes and those people won't quit babbling 'til their 5 mins is up. They start thanking everybody for being there and if there's a minute left it's like ...."Thank Jesus for creating me 67 years ago..." What a bunch of blowhards!!

Sheila Jackson Lee was up to her usual antics.

It will be fine

does congress still have a lower approval rating than cockroaches?

looks like the left and right agree on this lol
Problem is people hate "congress" they love their incumbent representatives. Incumbents keep getting re elected and shockingly congress doesn't improve. We need term limits.

It will be fine

im not familiar with that. does it have to do with jerry mandering?
Somewhat, in heavily Gerrymandered districts incumbents often run unopposed. I'd have to search for the stats but in general incumbents have around a 85% chance of re-election. Name recognition perhaps, people know their own representative and think they do a good job, it's all those other congress members that are the problem.

rickyb

Somewhat, in heavily Gerrymandered districts incumbents often run unopposed. I'd have to search for the stats but in general incumbents have around a 85% chance of re-election. Name recognition perhaps, people know their own representative and think they do a good job, it's all those other congress members that are the problem.
i thought i remember hearing a similar number but it was higher in the 90s, and i heard about running unopposed

moreluck

golden ticket member
Conyer's son is already familiar with the politician ways....

"The younger, Conyers, 27, would be a first-time political candidate. But has already been connected to an ethics issue, according to the Detroit Free Press. In 2010, the congressman had to reimburse the Treasury Department $5,682 for his son’s misuse of a taxpayer-funded Cadillac Escalade, the paper reports."

oldngray

nowhere special
Conyer's son is already familiar with the politician ways....

"The younger, Conyers, 27, would be a first-time political candidate. But has already been connected to an ethics issue, according to the Detroit Free Press. In 2010, the congressman had to reimburse the Treasury Department $5,682 for his son’s misuse of a taxpayer-funded Cadillac Escalade, the paper reports."

Think he wouldn't still win in Detroit?