Considering not being a package delivery driver

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I get that. I just don't see the need to interject added stress when trying to get students to learn something. Perfect example. Your trying to get the students to utilize the ten point commentary while driving. So why put them in a stick truck? On top of that who knows if your going to get grilled while driving?

Please tell me you are kidding.

Time to poop or get off the pot, buttercup.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Also, look around your center. You'll probably notice others who, if you didn't know better, you'd think they wouldn't have made it. But they did.

Not sure if you're more concerned about the hard work, or the mental pressure. Or both.

It's also worth noting that on any given day, they can only screw with one unlikely bastard at a time. If it's your day, accept that. It will probably be someone else tomorrow.

Dillinger4

Every job is hard and stressful in the beginning. Relax, when you're out there your supervisor won't be there breathing down your neck. Doing a route blind is only stressful if you let it be. Deliver one stop at a time and drive safely.

I tell the new guys all the time. It takes 3 days to know a route. If you need help that's on them not you. The OR could have taken his butt out with you if he cared enough. So don't try and be a super hero and just do your best.
I will try. Thanks guys. Four hours of sleep then back to class. :(

Dillinger4

Also, look around your center. You'll probably notice others who, if you didn't know better, you'd think they wouldn't have made it. But they did.

Not sure if you're more concerned about the hard work, or the mental pressure. Or both.

It's also worth noting that on any given day, they can only screw with one unlikely bastard at a time. If it's your day, accept that. It will probably be someone else tomorrow.
Mental pressure. My dad was a workhorse, so am I.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Mental pressure. My dad was a workhorse, so am I.

If you're a hard worker and can handle some multitasking you'll be fine. The pressure is part of the "weeding out" process. It's also part of the brain washing school all mgmt has to ascribe to.

Once you make it through the maze at school and your 30 days, you'll only have to listen to that once or twice annually.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Years ago most trucks in the fleet were manual transmission. In our center now it's 100% automatics but some of those old faithfuls are still in the yard just in case one of the new ones breaks down. You gotta be able to drive that old high step, narrow cab, knuckles touching the windshield POS just in case.

Anyway, I agree with Air on Trace. It's tough at first but then you get used to it and it's just routine after that. For the excellent pay and benefits it's definitely worth it IMO.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Years ago most trucks in the fleet were manual transmission. In our center now it's 100% automatics but some of those old faithfuls are still in the yard just in case one of the new ones breaks down. You gotta be able to drive that old high step, narrow cab, knuckles touching the windshield POS just in case.

Anyway, I agree with Air on Trace. It's tough at first but then you get used to it and it's just routine after that. For the excellent pay and benefits it's definitely worth it IMO.
I forgot about the knuckles hitting the windshield. I haven't driven a manual in years. Ours are all automatics.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
This job can be very stressful. There are many deadlines and MARs to cope with on a daily basis. The management will work you like an army mule. Those seeing habits and work habits can save you life and limbs. If you can't cope with all these elements, maybe this job isn't for you. Good luck to you.

DOK

Obviously I am looking for feedback. Are drivers constantly under a massive amount of stress? If you could do it all over again would you?
Yes and yes.

Like all professions, the military, etc, it's not for everyone, different strokes for different folks.